GT: Houston Astros @ Chicago White Sox

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 9, 2012 -> 03:07 AM)
I think he goes through stretches where he really wants to play, and some where he doesn't. I think he's in a stretch where he looks forward to playing right now, hopefully it lasts for a while. The scouting report when he was claimed was he didn't feel like playing all the time.

Yeah that makes sense. The mental part of the game.

Man we get blown out by Houston.

Yuk.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 9, 2012 -> 03:11 AM)
When I see Ohman coming in, I want to grab a bat.

We always seem to have a guy like that, though I guess to be fair, most teams do as well.

You all hate our bullpen when our worst guys blow it but I never hear a peep when Jones-Thornton-Crain-Reed shut it down (may not be a better top 4 bullpen guys out there) and the rest of those guys are what you expect -- sometimes on, sometimes off. Paying much of anything for a bullpen arm would be very superfluous at this point. Brian Bruney is not a bad 5th reliever, might as well let him have that role. Usually Ohman does a good job against lefties, not tonight. Stewart does fine as a long man, but I wouldn't mind letting him start in the minors instead if we've got somebody else.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 10:11 PM)
Ball 3 was a strike to Alejandro. You gotta be consistent with your zone.

I'd feel worse about that if Ohman would have gone on to walk him and the Astros got another run or two...as it was, screw Ohman. Gives up a freakin' 430 ft homer to a GD left handed hitter.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 10:13 PM)
6 straight fastballs by Ohman thrown before that homer. AJ's pulled that crap way too often this year.

It's not like Ohman can throw anything else for a strike.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 9, 2012 -> 03:13 AM)
You all hate our bullpen when our worst guys blow it but I never hear a peep when Jones-Thornton-Crain-Reed shut it down (may not be a better top 4 bullpen guys out there) and the rest of those guys are what you expect -- sometimes on, sometimes off. Paying much of anything for a bullpen arm would be very superfluous at this point. Brian Bruney is not a bad 5th reliever, might as well let him have that role. Usually Ohman does a good job against lefties, not tonight. Stewart does fine as a long man, but I wouldn't mind letting him start in the minors instead if we've got somebody else.

Santiago continues his run of just getting bombed in the last inning of a game (worded that way to account for the Cespedes debacle).

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 10:14 PM)
Santiago continues his run of just getting bombed in the last inning of a game (worded that way to account for the Cespedes debacle).

We completely f***ed him and Stewart both. Both career starters that had a chance to put things together with another year of experience and instead they're both wasting away in new roles at the highest level of baseball.

I'm going to the game tomorrow. This game sure was a total bummer though. After the nice win last night, you'd expect the team to come out and play well. Instead, we hit like s*** with RISP, make dumb mistakes in the field, and pitch like crap. SMH.