GT: Houston Astros @ Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jun 9, 2012 -> 08:14 AM)
So the reason you are concerned with the attendance has to do with KW's job security? If the Sox continue to contend he deserves to be back regardless of the attendance.

Well... I would think that as a GM that he's supposed to be responsible for putting butts in the seats, not just player personnel, no?

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 09:47 PM)
It will be interesting to see if there's any type of bump up at all for Chris Sale starts.

If I was a Sox fan in the US, there's no way I would go to a Floyd/Humber home game over a Sale or Peavy one at this point...if I had to choose just one game to attend all season.

Besides they are playing the Astros. 22K is not bad.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jun 9, 2012 -> 09:29 PM)
No, I don't think this is true.

What do you want to do now?

Move Rios back to CF?

Trade Viciedo?

Name KW Executive of the Year in the AL up until this point in the 2012 season?

After all, how amazing is it that the White Sox are tied for the AL lead in blown saves, can't win at home, can't win 1 run ballgames, can't win in extra innings, have used 4 closers already, have 3 starting pitchers with 5.3+ ERA's, have one player on pace for 300 K's, have gotten 1 homer from the entire left-side of the infield all season and are STILL in first place on June 9th?

Their third best starting pitcher is a Colombian who maybe only 5-10% of SoxTalk even could identify about 2 months ago.

Kenny Williams has has a stunning 12 homegrown players on his roster this year, tied for 2nd in all of MLB.

They should be building a statue for him, yes?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 9, 2012 -> 08:54 AM)
What do you want to do now?

Move Rios back to CF?

Trade Viciedo?

Name KW Executive of the Year in the AL up until this point in the 2012 season?

After all, how amazing is it that the White Sox are tied for the AL lead in blown saves, can't win at home, can't win 1 run ballgames, can't win in extra innings, have used 4 closers already, have 3 starting pitchers with 5.3+ ERA's, have one player on pace for 300 K's, have gotten 1 homer from the entire left-side of the infield all season and are STILL in first place on June 9th?

Their third best starting pitcher is a Colombian who maybe only 5-10% of SoxTalk even could identify about 2 months ago.

Kenny Williams has has a stunning 12 homegrown players on his roster this year, tied for 2nd in all of MLB.

They should be building a statue for him, yes?

Unfortunately, they don't award playoff spots on June 9th.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 11:19 PM)
What concerns you so much about attendance?

While the attendance is dissapointong, winning baseball games is the only thing that matters right now. Our offense is starting to cool off and we have too many starting pitchers trying their best to lose games.

Also, we need to get rid of Will Ohman ASAP. He is just worthless. I don't care what lefties are batting off him, look at his peripherals. There is just no way to use him effectively. I don't care if we call up a RHP to replace him. This is an obvious hole in the bullpen that can be filled with one of our AAA guys.