GT: Houston Astros @ Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 09:16 PM)
I know you posted this earlier, but the production from the left side of the infield this season has been astonishingly poor. Since you're not going to permanently replace Alexei, you better be looking for a replacement at 3b.

1 homer all year. That's pretty hard to believe. If someone showed you the stats of the Sox SS and 3B up to this point of the season, I doubt any of us would be thinking they would be anywhere near contending.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 09:19 PM)
I am going to hold Robin accountable here. If that play is practiced the amount it should be, it is NEVER messed up in that way.

Practice doesn't matter with space cadets.

You think ODawg doesn't know not to count outs or Alexei doesn't know a guy is going to try and run home on that? some of these guys are just freaking stupid baseball players.

I am going to hold Robin accountable here. If that play is practiced the amount it should be, it is NEVER messed up in that way.

No way that is Robins fault. As Stone said, that is something you practice in little league. That was a player error, not a coaching error. Alexei is no rookie out there, this is his 4th year.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 10:19 PM)

We've gotten almost every other rundown correct this year, Alexei was just focusing on doing the "1 baserunner" rundown correct and spaced the other one.

C'mon. Ramirez has been a SS how many years of his life? If he doesn't understand what is going on with a play that is commonly used in little league, its pretty hard to blame the manager. BTW, the Sox have been much better this season in rundowns, so they practiced plenty.

I'm in the camp that says it's one botched rundown. Will probably be the only one all year. Alexei had a bad inning. Oh well...not Robins fault.

Every MLB team will botch a rundown or two as the season goes along.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 09:22 PM)
Practice doesn't matter with space cadets.

You think ODawg doesn't know not to count outs or Alexei doesn't know a guy is going to try and run home on that? some of these guys are just freaking stupid baseball players.

I agree with this. Baseball IQ is something that isn't really mentioned very much. I think most people assume major leaguers have high baseball IQs. Some really do not.

I call 'em like I see them. We held Ozzie accountable for BS play like that, I hold our current coaching staff accountable. Alexei has his share of the blame as well, but I guarantee it doesn't happen if they'd run through that in the past week or so.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 9, 2012 -> 03:25 AM)
I call 'em like I see them. We held Ozzie accountable for BS play like that, I hold our current coaching staff accountable. Alexei has his share of the blame as well, but I guarantee it doesn't happen if they'd run through that in the past week or so.

Alexei didn't look back at the runner on 3rd once. It was all on him, not the coaching staff.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 09:25 PM)

Because with last year's team our technique would be bad. 5 throws or some s***. That is a lack of practice.

These are mental errors.