Substitute Gamethread: Sox vs Astros

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 04:04 PM)
Yeah, but that absolutely means if he has a start where he doesn't have pinpoint control he's going to give up an 8 spot in the first 2 innings.

Quintana reminds me very much of a young Buehrle. Flat, slow fastball that he isn't afraid to attack with. Offspeed stuff is present but not great.

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 05:06 PM)
Quintana reminds me very much of a young Buehrle. Flat, slow fastball that he isn't afraid to attack with. Offspeed stuff is present but not great.

Mark Buehrle's offspeed stuff these days is spectacular, when you count how well he controls it.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 04:07 PM)
Middle relief failure today really showing up now.

If the Sox middle relief didn't fail, then the Astros wouldn't have used their weak middle relievers, and I doubt the Sox score as much. Brett Myers would have been in earlier.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 04:08 PM)
Mark Buehrle's offspeed stuff these days is spectacular, when you count how well he controls it.

That's the only way it counts and the same way it counts for Quintana. Command makes everything you throw so much better.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jun 10, 2012 -> 03:10 PM)
Care to elaborate? What did he do to his wife?

On June 23, 2006, Myers was arrested and charged with assault after witnesses saw him punching his wife, Kim Myers on a downtown Boston street after an argument.[24] The Phillies received criticism from some media members and women's organizations for not benching Myers.[25] Myers took a short leave of absence from the team.[7] During a pre-trial hearing on October 5, 2006, Kim Myers indicated that she did not want her husband prosecuted, and despite the prosecutor's insistence of filing charges, the case was dismissed. The couple has been in marriage counseling since the arrest.

From Wikipedia