GT: Sox @ da Champs, 06/12, 7:15, the U

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 12, 2012 -> 09:27 PM)
What was Beckham doing that time?

He hasn't been one of our better baserunners since joining the Sox. Trying to protect the runner from getting thrown out at home?

Distracting the cut off man.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 12, 2012 -> 09:27 PM)
I don't know what to say, but this is idiotic. I'd understand if he's been s***ty his entire professional career (which is under one year and this is his 1st year of being an everyday player) but this is a guy thats done pretty damn well.

Regardless of how well he does, if he doesn't show progress, then his value might be greater now than it will ever be.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 12, 2012 -> 07:27 PM)
What I'm trying to get across is that he's extraordinarily talented at a young age...we all get that...I don't see him developing like most folks do. He's shown virtually no difference in approach since he was here before. In my opinion, I guess I'm saying he's very well might max out a a very young age.

Understood. I look at it as, last year, he was still recovering from a wrist injury. This year, he's finally getting consistent action. He's developed every year in the organization so I don't know why you wouldn't expect to see improvements in the majors. Especially as he sees guys multiple times and gets a better feel for the league. Of course, pitchers will make adjustments and it is all about how he adjusts to them but the tools are there and by and large the performance has been there too.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 10:27 AM)
What I'm trying to get across is that he's extraordinarily talented at a young age...we all get that...I don't see him developing like most folks do. He's shown virtually no difference in approach since he was here before. In my opinion, I guess I'm saying he's very well might max out a a very young age.

When he was hot, he started driving fastballs to right for singles as well as getting a number of groundball singles, and was keeping the pitchers honest.

He also was laying off the high fastballs, and his K rate went way down compared to the first 4-5 weeks.

Then he was picking his pitches to drive when ahead in counts, mostly sliders and change-ups. Now he has to make another adjustment.

But he clearly had a different approach when he was going well there...it was obvious, look at his hit charts.