GT: Sox @ da Champs, 06/12, 7:15, the U

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 12, 2012 -> 09:22 PM)
With his bat speed, I'd be stunned if he doesn't ultimately end up being fully capable of hitting fastballs. This isn't a guy with the Slayer's batspeed.

?

That should be the pitch he can hit. You don't learn to hit a good fastball at 24...

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 12, 2012 -> 09:21 PM)
He's 2.5 months into being an every day big leaguer and has put up strong power numbers and hit for a pretty solid average. How in the heck are you guys basing your entire opinions on what he won't do based upon 2 full months of baseball.

Basing it on his entire professional career.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 12, 2012 -> 07:22 PM)
Because he displayed this exact same thing two years ago.

In a short cup of coffee where he hit pretty well for a span? So add that time in with this time and we are talking about 3.5 months max? He's played in 122 big league games. It takes a long time for a young player to develop. What we've seen in this period of time is pretty special and relatively rare.

Note: Mike Trout and Bryce Harper are two of the rarest players in the history of baseball (putting up the numbers they have this early in their young careers). Dayan is also one of the younger players in the majors (not Trout/Harper young, but still pretty damn young).

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 12, 2012 -> 09:24 PM)
Russell gets MCabrera to ground out, rally ends 3-3. There are a LOT of Tigers fans at Wrigley, they are loud

Wow I gotta check that out

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jun 12, 2012 -> 07:23 PM)
Basing it on his entire professional career.

I don't know what to say, but this is idiotic. I'd understand if he's been s***ty his entire professional career (which is under one year and this is his 1st year of being an everyday player) but this is a guy thats done pretty damn well.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 12, 2012 -> 09:24 PM)
In a short cup of coffee where he hit pretty well for a span? So add that time in with this time and we are talking about 3.5 months max? Not even a full half season of baseball. It takes a long time for a young player to develop. What we've seen in this period of time is pretty special and relatively rare.

Note: Mike Trout and Bryce Harper are two of the rarest players in the history of baseball (putting up the numbers they have this early in their young careers). Dayan is also one of the younger players in the majors (not Trout/Harper young, but still pretty damn young).

What I'm trying to get across is that he's extraordinarily talented at a young age...we all get that...I don't see him developing like most folks do. He's shown virtually no difference in approach since he was here before. In my opinion, I guess I'm saying he's very well might max out a a very young age.