GT: Sox @ da Champs, 06/12, 7:15, the U

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 12, 2012 -> 06:47 PM)
I think his mechanics just fall apart when he pitches from the stretch.

I wonder if he's struggling a bit based upon his quicker delivery from the stretch as well. Whatever it is, up until his last outing (where he still got hit), that curve hasn't been there. Usually once his curve starts working, he seems to go on a run and I'm hoping his solid changeup isn't far behind.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 12, 2012 -> 08:50 PM)
I don't think Humbers was due to scouting last year. He was pretty nasty. Good command, nasty curveball, solid fastballs that he used inside and out. Its frustarting watching him at times this year cause the biggest issue is his command has gone to s***.

As has his mechanics.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 12, 2012 -> 08:53 PM)
Early move to the pen. I realize the guys are fresh but I don't like going this early. Q didn't have a high pitch count at all and I want to see what he can do. Hopefully Nate can get the Sox out of this jam.

Yeah, I would have stuck with him for a least one more hitter.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 12, 2012 -> 08:54 PM)
Let's hope Nathan can put him last outing in the rear view mirror.

He's never pitched in this kind of a hostile environment yet, in such a key situation, not that I can recall.

I wouldn't say the environment is hostile.

He's not exactly in the Dawg Pound or the Black Hole.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 09:53 AM)
Early move to the pen. I realize the guys are fresh but I don't like going this early. Q didn't have a high pitch count at all and I want to see what he can do. Hopefully Nate can get the Sox out of this jam.

But 10 hits in 5 1/3 isn't exactly fooling anyone.

We've had some offdays recently, at least you can understand the move from RV's standpoint.