GT: Sox @ da Champs, 6/13, 7:15, CSN

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, what a terrible swing on the 3-1 meatball. Konerko had a terrible chop swing going tonight, as he should have been doing nothing but try to hit the ball in the air. Choke job by the offense tonight, plain and simple.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 08:42 PM)
S***ty job with guy on 3rd a less than 2 outs.............Sox will wish they had this game later in year. 8th and 9th innings DP killed the Sox.

LOL. Dramatic just a bit. There are a lot of one run losses we wish we would have.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 09:40 PM)
Wow, what a terrible swing on the 3-1 meatball. Konerko had a terrible chop swing going tonight, as he should have been doing nothing but try to hit the ball in the air. Choke job by the offense tonight, plain and simple.

Then he pouted again and didn't even bother trying to run.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 09:46 PM)
I didn't think he pouted on that last swing, but his body language has been awful for the last 3 weeks.

He wasn't even in the picture when the first basemen caught the ball on a soft double play ball to third base. At least run in case he f***ing pulls him off the bag with the throw or something.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 14, 2012 -> 03:52 AM)
You mean the last 3 weeks where he's been hitting .446 ?

Even more reason why he shouldn't be so hard on himself when he does make an out. I'm definitely not the only person who's noticed this on the board.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 08:52 PM)
You mean the last 3 weeks where he's been hitting .446 ?

Well, to be accurate, that is his OBP over that span, but yes, he hit .379 over that period :)

But over the past two weeks he's been making some weak efforts and has visibly been pouting immediately after seeing the result. A few times he hardly bothered to run.

We get it, PK is infallible and above all criticism.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 13, 2012 -> 09:58 PM)
Well, to be accurate, that is his OBP over that span, but yes, he hit .379 over that period :)

But over the past two weeks he's been making some weak efforts and has visibly been pouting immediately after seeing the result. A few times he hardly bothered to run.

We get it, PK is infallible and above all criticism.

I respect the hell out of PK, I think we all do. But damn dude, just run to first base, especially when it's on the last play of the damn game.

We know you're slow and that you will probably never beat anything on the infield out, but there is a 0% chance you beat anything out if you never even try to run.