Aj voted most hated player in MLB

southsider2k5

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 02:01 PM)
Another reason Ozzie's mouth wasn't bad to the average fan.

He kept the Sox in the news, kept people buzzing about Ozzie.

Sox are irrelevant again w/out Ozzie for now. We may all be diehards on here, and follow the Sox no matter what, but Ozzie was good keeping the Sox in the news for the average fan. He was free publicity for the White Sox/ticket sales.

If you think his brashness affected the players negatively, I think you should reconsider your position.

Who gives a f*** about his kids? These are grown men playing baseball.

Ozzie was a GREAT sideshow as well as a WS winning manager.

But seriously, Greg, the Sox are NOT trrelevant right now. They are in first place. They have a guy who could end up being the HR leader for the season. They have an outstanding young pitcher that is just about the best in the AL. They have a first baseman that keeps getting better every year and after every pitch to the face. They have a talented, young bullpen. AND they DON'T have Ozzie Guillen, thankfully, because his shennanigans would take the focus off of all the good stuff I just mentioned.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 02:20 PM)
But seriously, Greg, the Sox are NOT trrelevant right now. They are in first place. They have a guy who could end up being the HR leader for the season. They have an outstanding young pitcher that is just about the best in the AL. They have a first baseman that keeps getting better every year and after every pitch to the face. They have a talented, young bullpen. AND they DON'T have Ozzie Guillen, thankfully, because his shennanigans would take the focus off of all the good stuff I just mentioned.

If Ozzie were here, Dunn and Rios would still suck.

Sox are irrelevant again w/out Ozzie for now. We may all be diehards on here, and follow the Sox no matter what, but Ozzie was good keeping the Sox in the news for the average fan. He was free publicity for the White Sox/ticket sales.

If you think his brashness affected the players negatively, I think you should reconsider your position.

Many players commented in the off-season about how much of a distraction all the off-the-field Ozzie stuff started to become the last couple of years.

Interesting article

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 02:20 PM)

BUT THEY AREN'T FUNNY AND A REALITY TV SHOW.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 02:25 PM)
Many players commented in the off-season about how much of a distraction all the off-the-field Ozzie stuff started to become the last couple of years.

Interesting article

BUT THE FUNNY?

*Scene: Kenny Williams' office*

Robin: But I thought we were doing well. We're in first place...

KW: But you've got no spunk, no wow factor.

Robin: Do I have to? Doesn't the team's performance speak for itself?

KW: *shakes head* You don't get it, kid, we're irrelevant. You are irrelevant.

Robin: We could win the division; we could--

KW: *slams fist on desk* YOU ARE BORING! I don't care about winning! There's a team north of here that gets all the attention. I want that!

Robin: But they suck.

KW: You suck!!

Robin: Calm down, man.

KW: I'll calm down when you get suspended. I'll calm down when your kids Tweet something bad about me.

Robin: I don't think my kids would--

KW: What kind of dad are you? Huh? Sissy.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 02:39 PM)

KW: *slams fist on desk* YOU ARE BORING! I don't care about winning! There's a team north of here that gets all the attention. I want that!

KW: I'll calm down when you get suspended. I'll calm down when your kids Tweet something bad about me.

:notworthy

Might as well rename the team to the Chicago Ozzie Guillens.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 03:20 PM)

:lolhitting

Perfection.

:lolhitting

A+

This post is just chock full of tasty Ozzie goodness. I love the bolded line.

I don't really get what Ozzie did to keep us in the news as relevance. Sure, there's a 30 second Sox highlight on Sportscenter instead of a 45 second highlight that included a stupid Ozzie quote, but that's no difference, really. MLB Network is covering the White Sox and Robin's rookie campaign positively.

Tune into something else.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 08:20 PM)

I was responding to the poster who said he went to a party and everybody there thought the Sox were way under .500 and sucking.

We're not in the news. Only we diehards know how the team is doing.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 01:39 AM)
I was responding to the poster who said he went to a party and everybody there thought the Sox were way under .500 and sucking.

We're not in the news. Only we diehards know how the team is doing.

Greg, you don't live in Chicago, so how would you know what the Chicago media is covering? Also, MLB Network had a very long segment on Chris Sale tonight.

Too bad there's no "Twilight Zone" where another manager could have been inserted in the Marlins manager's office to see if there's any difference at all in the attendance for the Marlins in their new stadium.

Just not buying that Ozzie is drawing any fans at all after the initial excitement wore out. I think the theory of having a "marketable manager" versus having a first place team was erroneous. Then again, nobody could have anticipated the Nationals would be this good, this soon.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 09:04 PM)
Too bad there's no "Twilight Zone" where another manager could have been inserted in the Marlins manager's office to see if there's any difference at all in the attendance for the Marlins in their new stadium.

Just not buying that Ozzie is drawing any fans at all after the initial excitement wore out. I think the theory of having a "marketable manager" versus having a first place team was erroneous. Then again, nobody could have anticipated the Nationals would be this good, this soon.

Or the Phillies being this bad this quickly.