Dodgers vs White Sox 9:10 CST

Kyyle23

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 12:33 PM)
I disagree with the take on the play at 3B. I don't think that's a play anybody squares up, it makes the throw impossible unless you can throw flat footed like Juan Uribe. He just needs to be able to make the backhand play -- he didn't read the ball well for whatever reason, possibly incompetence. Not the type of play 2B's make because they get to square it up and have a short throw to make with flat feet

His reactions just are just a split second too slow. Consistently.

Part of it's age, part of it's lack of repetition and game speed action at the position.

Two years ago with the Twins, he wasn't much of an offensive player.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 05:38 AM)
But they could get you something. If they're serious about contending they need, at least, a 3rd baseman. They're fielding 8 guys out there daily. Put a guy on the hot corner that can OPS .750 and catch the damn ball, and this club can do something.

I'm not so sure any of the guys you mentioned would be in the top 250 prospects in baseball.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 12:39 PM)
If you trade for a starting pitcher because you've given up on Floyd and Humber, then you better make sure that player has at least another year left on their deal. If not, you're looking at Sale, Danks, Quintana and nothing in the rotation next year.

Cue Marty34 joining the thread and asking why Nestor Molina isn't yet ready to contribute in August/September.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 11:39 PM)
If you trade for a starting pitcher because you've given up on Floyd and Humber, then you better make sure that player has at least another year left on their deal. If not, you're looking at Sale, Danks, Quintana and nothing in the rotation next year.

I would throw Molina into a package of whatever we are trying to trade for. That guy to me has bullpen at best written all over him.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 11:41 PM)
No offense to Hudson, who won us one game, but he's another KW fail. I mean he's not getting it done. Bad acquisition.

How many bad decisions does KW make compared to his good ones????

This is barely an acquisition, its a stop bleeding, temporary solution.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 05:38 AM)
But they could get you something. If they're serious about contending they need, at least, a 3rd baseman. They're fielding 8 guys out there daily. Put a guy on the hot corner that can OPS .750 and catch the damn ball, and this club can do something.

Only 10 3B in the majors have an OPS over .750

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 05:41 AM)
No offense to Hudson, who won us one game, but he's another KW fail. I mean he's not getting it done. Bad acquisition.

:)

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 11:41 PM)
This is barely an acquisition, its a stop bleeding, temporary solution.

He has been MUCH better than Brent Morel was in every way. It may turn out to be just a bench acquisition, but I can't say it's a bad move

fuuu quoted wrong post

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 11:43 PM)
He has been MUCH better than Brent Morel was in every way. It may turn out to be just a bench acquisition, but I can't say it's a bad move

fuuu quoted wrong post

Morel also had a screwed up back.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 12:41 PM)

Greg, there was no other choice at the time, other than playing Dan Johnson or McPherson there...

Johnson hasn't hit well in the big leagues for a half decade.

We didn't give up any talent, the Padres are paying all but the minimum salary. Otherwise, we'd have Escobar or Lillibridge playing there and things might even be worse than they already are...he did inject a little life into the line-up with his energy and had some pretty clutch hits, it hasn't been a complete disaster but it's like putting your finger in the dike trying to keep the flood waters back while waiting for reinforcements.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 05:43 AM)

It's been an awful move. His defense has killed the team in the short time he's been over there.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 16, 2012 -> 12:41 PM)
I would throw Molina into a package of whatever we are trying to trade for. That guy to me has bullpen at best written all over him.

Bullpen pitchers should be able to get strikeouts when they need one. That's not Molina's strong suit this year. The only positive is his control and the fact that he's managed to limit damage when giving up about 20+ more hits than innings pitched.