MLB.tv is $50 for rest of the season

chw42

You save at least $25 with this deal. So if you're out of town, this would be a great thing to have.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/index...d=MLBTVREDIRECT

If you're blacked out somehow, Google "Tunnelbear". It'll cost you a little bit of money for unlimited bandwidth, but it's a great VPN client that can route your IP elsewhere.

Edited by chw42

Really stupid question from somebody who is not tech savvy:

I have a laptop and an HDTV. Is there a way to connect the two so that something I am watching on the laptop (such as mlb.tv) displays on the TV?

If I can do this, it make me more likely to buy mlb.tv.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 12:56 PM)

I have a laptop and an HDTV. Is there a way to connect the two so that something I am watching on the laptop (such as mlb.tv) displays on the TV?

If your laptop has an HDMI, DVI, or VGA output and your TV has an HDMI, DVI, or VGA input, then yes.

I recommend going with the HDMI since it's audio + video in one cable.

You can find some cheap HDMI cables on Amazon. DO NOT go into Best Buy and ask them for HDMI cables.

If your laptop has an HDMI, DVI, or VGA output and your TV has an HDMI, DVI, or VGA input, then yes.

You can find some cheap HDMI cables on Amazon. DO NOT go into Best Buy and ask them for HDMI cables.

I am 100% certain that the TV has an available HDMI input.

I am 80% certain that I actually have an extra HDMI cable and wouldn't even need to buy one.

The big question mark is the laptop. It's an HP that's only two years old, so it should have one, right?

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 01:07 PM)
I am 100% certain that the TV has an available HDMI input.

I am 80% certain that I actually have an extra HDMI cable and wouldn't even need to buy one.

The big question mark is the laptop. It's an HP that's only two years old, so it should have one, right?

You gotta check, it's usually on the sides. If it was a higher end laptop, then yeah. If it was like $400, no. HDMI wasn't standard on cheap laptops two years back. It is now. At the very least, it will have VGA and you can hook it up to the TV.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 12:56 PM)

If you have an internet enabled blu-ray it should get mlb.tv as well.

If you have an internet enabled blu-ray it should get mlb.tv as well.

Have yet to purchase a blu-ray player. Still using a DVD player (which works fine since 90% of its use comes from animated DVD's for the 4 and 2 year olds)

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 15, 2012 -> 02:04 PM)

you dont like paying atleast 700% mark-up?? :lolhitting

my younger sister worked at Best Buy during her college years. It was great getting the employee discount which was cost + 10%. The store makes their money off the accessories. I guess it was too good of a deal b/c Best Buy scrapped that discount and now only offers their employees a flat x% discount off the retail price.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 07:33 AM)
I got the mlb.tv package. My laptop is HDMI compatible but I don't have an extra cable, so I either need to buy one or switch the one I have back and forth between my cable box and my laptop.

HDMI cables are like $2 on Amazon. Same quality as the 50-60 dollar ripoffs at Best Buy.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 12:30 PM)
HDMI cables are like $2 on Amazon. Same quality as the 50-60 dollar ripoffs at Best Buy.

I always laugh when I see them at target for like $50. What a profit.