Can we please find a big league 3B?!

macsandz

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orlando Hudson decided it was not enough to pop up with bases loaded 1 out and Wood completely unable to throw a strike. He had to make a bad error that led to the Cubs only run. And for his final act make the game ending out.

Hats off O-Dog. I hope he hasn't been living up to his reputation as "MLBs biggest trash talker", because that would be pretty humiliating for him with the way hes playing baseball right now.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 08:11 AM)
Geez, Mark Teahan would have been an upgrade over Hudson.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 08:22 AM)
Plus, Josh Fields is hitting .330 or so at Albuquerque.

So quickly we forget how awful these two players were. I am not ready to replace pretty bad with merely bad. If there is an upgrade out there, please make it, but these are lateral moves

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 08:41 AM)
Orlando Hudson decided it was not enough to pop up with bases loaded 1 out and Wood completely unable to throw a strike. He had to make a bad error that led to the Cubs only run. And for his final act make the game ending out.

Hats off O-Dog. I hope he hasn't been living up to his reputation as "MLBs biggest trash talker", because that would be pretty humiliating for him with the way hes playing baseball right now.

It is to the point where I'd rather see Escobar over there. I know he won't hit, but he will make all of the plays.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 08:49 AM)
It is to the point where I'd rather see Escobar over there. I know he won't hit, but he will make all of the plays.

When you are starting to strongly miss Brent Morel you know something has gone horribly wrong.

Washington Nationals Picthers (AVG/OBP/SLG/OPS): .196 .222 .295 .517

White Sox Third Basemen (AVG/OBP/SLG/OPS): .165 .240 .219 .460

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 07:44 AM)
So quickly we forget how awful these two players were. I am not ready to replace pretty bad with merely bad. If there is an upgrade out there, please make it, but these are lateral moves

Having not seen Fields recently, someone please correct me if I'm wrong. How do we know that he hasn't matured at least a little and become a better, more selective hitter. Maybe he hasn't IDK, but without seeing him I wouldn't rule him out as an option.

Teahen, well...I personally think that he would be more than a slight upgrade over what we've seen the last couple of years (barring one month).

The point is I think that we have to do something and beggars don't have many options. Even someone who plays an average to slightly below average defense and could hit ~225, with even a small amount of power would be a huge upgrade.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 08:16 AM)
Given that we have gotten an OPS of .460 from our starting 3B this year I would say that Mark Teahen would qualify as a pretty significant upgrade to our current situation.

Where is Teahen at these days anyway?

Does anyone think that K.W. would seriously think about reaquiring him or Fields?

Reading all the posts just reaffirms the truth: we have little to nothing right now in the way of options at 3B. I might rather see Lilibridge playing there than O-Dawg. I watched the game last night and he was pretty bad. I am not sure he even hit the ball out of the in field and all we needed was a nice fly ball to plate that 2nd run. Granted he is playing out of position but his bat seems to have never left the rack. But the game can turn around quickly. What are the chances that in a few days or even tonight that he steps up and wins us a game? He isn't making excuses for sure

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 04:13 PM)
Where is Teahen at these days anyway?

Does anyone think that K.W. would seriously think about reaquiring him or Fields?

I don't think so but I guess stranger things have happened when you are desperate

Edited by elrockinMT

At least your member name is accurate. You clown.

Jeeze man - Lots of hate in your message.

He would be way better than Hudson, Morel, or anyone else we have in the minors right now.

That's a fact. If that pisses you off, be mad at KW, not me.

Edited by Andy the Clown

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 07:38 AM)
Rogers showed Sox 3B are hitting worse than Nationals pitchers. They also are fielding like Nationals pitchers playing 3B.

Why did he pick the Washington Nationals' staff to make this comparison?

Fields is not a sure bet to hit better and is another hopeless defensive 3B. On one hand I'm all for buying low, but our franchise can't keep running bench level third basemen out there. Hudson was worth a shot, but don't take another equally long shot. Get someone that you know for sure will do at least offense or defense better than Orlando Hudson.