GT: Chicago White Sox @ LA Dodgers

justBLAZE

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These are the tough calls that a manager needs to make. I don't mind bringing in Reed to start the 9th, even though it didn't work out for us. Obviously Q was cruising and there was good reason to leave him in as well, but that also had the potential to be second guessed as well I think. To me that wasn't a simple decision.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jun 17, 2012 -> 05:49 PM)
These are the tough calls that a manager needs to make. I don't mind bringing in Reed to start the 9th, even though it didn't work out for us. Obviously Q was cruising and there was good reason to leave him in as well, but that also had the potential to be second guessed as well I think. To me that wasn't a simple decision.

He had such an easy 8th...grr

Dodgers have never won an interleague series against the White Sox until today possibly.

The funny thing is that it should have been a sweep the other way.

Guess AJ isn't available. 0 for 4, 4 K's from Flowers, that's what happens when you play once every 2 weeks.

Now Escobar? Is Ventura trying NOT to win this game on purpose? This is taking one out of the Ozzie Guillen playbook of managing.

Still don't understand why DeAza didn't take a shot at swiping 2B, either.

Now we have to use up our bullpen when Quintana was in a position for the complete game, knowing that Zach Stewart's chances of getting past the 5th inning tmrw night are about 5%.

The AL Central just is going to be a grudge match all season long. Still, with Fister back now, you'd have to expect the Tigers to start making their run.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 17, 2012 -> 05:48 PM)
I don't mind bringing in Reed if q had thrown 100 pitches...but there is just no need to fix what isn't broken.

Get the f*** out of the kid's way and let him finish it. Over managing.

Quintana was at 77 pitches.

It is hindsight but that was a bad decision. I still can not get over bunting in the 9th yesteday with de aza to get the beckham match-up.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 17, 2012 -> 05:52 PM)
Dodgers have never won an interleague series against the White Sox until today possibly.

The funny thing is that it should have been a sweep the other way.

Guess AJ isn't available. 0 for 4, 4 K's from Flowers, that's what happens when you play once every 2 weeks.

Now Escobar? Is Ventura trying NOT to win this game on purpose? This is taking one out of the Ozzie Guillen playbook of managing.

Still don't understand why DeAza didn't take a shot at swiping 2B, either.

Yes that must be it. Cant be that he has played like this since coming to this organization.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 06:53 AM)
Who said during that AJ is lazy discussion that they wanted to roll with Flowers and Phegley?

Do we want to pay AJ Pierzynski $15 million for the next 2 seasons?

Other than Napoli, there are ZERO free agent catchers that are interesting options. Maybe Doumit would be okay, Iannetta's the other guy there.

The thing is, we'll never know whether Flowers could be serviceable hitting-wise because nobody in baseball can be effective playing once every 10-14 days.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 17, 2012 -> 05:56 PM)

Other than Napoli, there are ZERO free agent catchers that are interesting options. Maybe Doumit would be okay, Iannetta's the other guy there.

The thing is, we'll never know whether Flowers could be serviceable hitting-wise because nobody in baseball can be effective playing once every 10-14 days.

He has been striking out since he came to this organization and was stuck in AAA. He played a ton down there. What does that tell you? He is continuing it here.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 17, 2012 -> 11:56 PM)

Yes, I'd rather pay AJP than to see Flowers/Phegley