Zach Stewart!

tonyho7476

QUOTE (tonyho7476 @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 02:09 PM)
I really enjoyed paying $54 a ticket, to sit in the upper deck, and watch Stewart throw 4 homeruns. I hope you are gone soon. Horrible time yesterday at the Cell.

I was saying that it was a slap in the face of all ticket holders to basically concede that game before it started. Pitch anybody but Zach Stewart. How can they not just release the guy? Cooper cannot fix everybody. Enough of Stewart already! And Humber despite the perfect game is on the same path.

I feel your pain watching that crap for 54 bucks a ticket.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 01:43 PM)
I was saying that it was a slap in the face of all ticket holders to basically concede that game before it started. Pitch anybody but Zach Stewart. How can they not just release the guy? Cooper cannot fix everybody. Enough of Stewart already! And Humber despite the perfect game is on the same path.

I feel your pain watching that crap for 54 bucks a ticket.

Because releasing young pitchers who throw > 90 mph, have options left, and effectively skipped AAA on the way up is criminally insane?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 12:50 PM)
Because releasing young pitchers who throw > 90 mph, have options left, and effectively skipped AAA on the way up is criminally insane?

would you stop it already. its not nearly as insane as your defense of him. He sucks. who cares if he has options, skipped triple A, whatever. His stuff is meat.

criminally insane my ass

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 12:52 PM)
would you stop it already. its not nearly as insane as your defense of him. He sucks. who cares if he has options, skipped triple A, whatever. His stuff is meat.

criminally insane my ass

Let's just execute him then.

While we're at it, shouldn't Stewart have an MRI or possibly TJ surgery?

There's no way he's going to be effective at 88-91 MPH.

There has to be SOME reason he's gone from a top prospect (remember, he started more as relief prospect and then converted) who threw 93-96 MPH to what we're seeing out of him NOW.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 12:18 PM)
The Jays obviously thought enough of him to give him a handful of starts last season when they were still in the division race.

That said, he's mysteriously lost 3-4 MPH on his fastball.

And Molina's lost the ability to strike out opposing hitters or record a sub 4.5 ERA in a pitcher's haven.

Go away, Marco Paddy!

What does Paddy have to do with Stewart?

I still believe an >90 mph sinker is a big enough weapon that you start him in AAA. What's asinine to me is that the Jays thought he'd ever be a reliever. You don't cultivate a sinking fastball in the bullpen. He has a decent change and curve, but his command of those pitches is inconsistent. His command overall yesterday became wildly inconsistent after he got out of relief pitcher territory in pitch count. If you can get consistency in his fastball movement and some command of the offspeed in AAA, we'll see him again. If he doesn't do those things, we'll never hear his name again. No harm in trying to build the next Jon Garland in AAA

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 04:12 PM)
I still believe an >90 mph sinker is a big enough weapon that you start him in AAA. What's asinine to me is that the Jays thought he'd ever be a reliever. You don't cultivate a sinking fastball in the bullpen. He has a decent change and curve, but his command of those pitches is inconsistent. His command overall yesterday became wildly inconsistent after he got out of relief pitcher territory in pitch count. If you can get consistency in his fastball movement and some command of the offspeed in AAA, we'll see him again. If he doesn't do those things, we'll never hear his name again. No harm in trying to build the next Jon Garland in AAA

He has a terrible curve ball...TERRIBLE. His change up sucks too. His command is poor and isn't overpowering with his limited arsenal making him a meatball pitcher. There are literally tons of guys in the minors more competent as this pitcher. The only thing he has that is remotely adequate is a sinker. At best he's a career mop-up bullpen guy.

Though I do agree with your comparison of Garland...if Zach Stewart could pitch worth a crap he would be similar to JG.