GT: Sox vs. Other Chicago Team @ 7:10 CT (CSN)

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 09:21 PM)
Sorry you are not upset about whatever clown decided to give this game away.

Again, Stewart was the Sox most effective pitcher tonight. I don't know who else should have started. Bumping Peavy and Sale back is more helpful in the long run.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 09:21 PM)
Sorry you are not upset about whatever clown decided to give this game away.

Well one thing would be certain. If the previous clown and his band of twitter fiends were still here going through the motions you would get butt hurt at anyone questioning his odd genius. Then make a reference to 2005.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 02:25 AM)
Well one thing would be certain. If the previous clown and his band of twitter fiends were still here going through the motions you would get butt hurt at anyone questioning his odd genius. Then make a reference to 2005.

I have no idea how I'd feel if Ozzie gave a game away like this by starting a pitcher who should be released, a total hack like Zach who is DONE. He'll be cut after this game I am confident.

I don't live in the past. I'm mad today, June 18, and I do not feel badly for the Sox if they don't sell another ticket the rest of the season. Those fans who paid big bucks tonight had no chance to see a Sox winner. None (unless we outscored em 13-12).

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 09:29 PM)
Hawk sounds bored with this game, lol.

He's probably thinking about the lost games in LA that if they won, you can live with sacrificing a game like this to give Peavy and Sale extra rest.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 09:33 PM)
He's probably thinking about the lost games in LA that if they won, you can live with sacrificing a game like this to give Peavy and Sale extra rest.

Yep.

Well, the fact is also that our offense has been inconsistent as well. The pitching was horrendous, no doubt, but...

I was actually glad to see Paulie and A.J. hit today because they've been in a mini slump at the plate as well. Hopefully that gets them going. Dunn has been striking out like crazy the past few games too.

Well, this outcome is truly not shocking. Two straight give away games by our stupid organization. Great thing we rested all of the starters yesterday when we knew that Stewart was going tonight. Starting Quintana tonight would have made so much more sense, especially with the Cubs being 3-15 vs LHP this year. Zach Stewart is terrible (I don't think he'd even be effective in the minors with the stuff he has), can we please stop trading with the Blue Jays please?

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 02:34 AM)
According to the Tribune, KW suggested to the coaching staff Viciedo return to 3B. The coaching staff shot him down.

Good for the coaching staff; horrible idea.

QUOTE (SouthSidePride05 @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 02:36 AM)
It was only a few weeks ago when Hawk was raving about the bullpen with Wimpy and rated the bullpen an 8 1/2 out of 10. Way to go, Hawk!

Such is the life of a White Sox fan/announcer. This team has been wildly inconsistent for years now. Bullpen does good for a while, then sucks. Ditto starting pitching. Team is destined to finish around .500. KW has no right to ever complain about attendance again after what his team pulled tonight in conceding a game to the Cubs. Amazing.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 02:34 AM)
According to the Tribune, KW suggested to the coaching staff Viciedo return to 3B. The coaching staff shot him down.

What a mess. Still unbelievable to me they didn't have a back-up 3rd baseman on the bench coming into the season if Morel struggled again/got hurt. Too bad they didn't get Chavez like they tried to.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 11:04 AM)
Well, this outcome is truly not shocking. Two straight give away games by our stupid organization. Great thing we rested all of the starters yesterday when we knew that Stewart was going tonight. Starting Quintana tonight would have made so much more sense, especially with the Cubs being 3-15 vs LHP this year. Zach Stewart is terrible (I don't think he'd even be effective in the minors with the stuff he has), can we please stop trading with the Blue Jays please?

I avoided this one like the bubonic plague...well, actually, I had to get a health exam so lucky I missed it.

Fathom's point is a good one.

We knew a couple of days ago they were going to move Sale back and use Stewart, we should have played the entire bench AND started Stewart on Sunday...get all the bad news out of the way in one game.

Essentially, we just gave up 2 of the last 3 games...it's not like we're in a pennant race or anything.

That Dodgers' series is going to have a hangover effect, it looks like. We'll find out for sure tomorrow when we start the game with at least a decent chance to win the game.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 11:15 AM)
What a mess. Still unbelievable to me they didn't have a back-up 3rd baseman on the bench coming into the season if Morel struggled again/got hurt. Too bad they didn't get Chavez like they tried to.

If we had just kept Juan Uribe after 2008....

1) We never would have had to move Beckham to 3B

2) We never would have traded for Mark Teahen, nor extended him

3) We never would have had to give away Edwin Jackson for virtually nothing just to dump Teahen's salary

4) We'd AT LEAST be getting above average defense and inconsistent offense from him...and I think Juan being around Allen Thomas and Hermie more, he wouldn't have gained quite so much weight as he has with the Giants and Dodgers

Maybe you can argue that KW wouldn't have felt the pressing need to sign Viciedo and project him at 3B, but most reasonable observers always believed Dayan's bat would be his plus tool and were never convinced he could stick anywhere in the infield except for 3B.

Edited by caulfield12