2012-2013 Official NHL thread

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 12:06 PM)
He's just trying to stir up an argument and bait me. I ignore him, he should learn to ignore me. Reported.

Hey wasn't stirring anything up. That was valid news about a star player on the Blackhawks that was extremely relevant to a topic hotly discussed here. Just because it proves people right that aren't you, that doesn't mean he's doing anything wrong.

Kane isn't reaching his potential, and he's a drunken boob half the time. That's that.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 02:29 PM)
Hey wasn't stirring anything up. That was valid news about a star player on the Blackhawks that was extremely relevant to a topic hotly discussed here. Just because it proves people right that aren't you, that doesn't mean he's doing anything wrong.

Kane isn't reaching his potential, and he's a drunken boob half the time. That's that.

Yeah, and he included my name at the end. Only reason to do that is to try and mock me and bait me in to a fight. It's alright, I reported both of his posts. Hopefully the mods here take care of it and he can finally move on.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 02:32 PM)
Yeah, and he included my name at the end. Only reason to do that is to try and mock me and bait me in to a fight. It's alright, I reported both of his posts. Hopefully the mods here take care of it and he can finally move on.

Oh, now I get the "reported" part. He could have done a lot worse!

Anyway, yeah, it'd be a lot easier to move along if the Blackhawks, you know, DID SOMETHING! :lolhitting

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 02:34 PM)
Oh, now I get the "reported" part. He could have done a lot worse!

Anyway, yeah, it'd be a lot easier to move along if the Blackhawks, you know, DID SOMETHING! :lolhitting

Yeah, it's been quite the boring offseason. Watching all these stars choose other teams. The excitement from 2 or 3 weeks ago has dropped off significantly.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 02:51 PM)
Yeah, it's been quite the boring offseason. Watching all these stars choose other teams. The excitement from 2 or 3 weeks ago has dropped off significantly.

Actually, with all of the talent being drained out of the Central...it's kinda exciting. Every team but the 'hawks and possibly the Blues have gotten worse.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 24, 2012 -> 02:32 PM)

Proving someone wrong using new facts isn't an attack.

/report.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 16, 2012 -> 09:31 AM)
Expecting a loss of games?

Yeah, that seems to be the prevailing opinion at the moment, but they still have time to work it out.

So Donald Fehr led the 1994 MLB strike. The two biggest fanbases in hockey are in Toronto & Montreal. In 1994, the Blue Jays were two-time defending WS champs and the Expos were the best team in baseball, but due to the strike never made the playoffs & moved to Washington. He's probably not liked too much up there.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 16, 2012 -> 09:57 AM)
Yeah, that seems to be the prevailing opinion at the moment, but they still have time to work it out.

So Donald Fehr led the 1994 MLB strike. The two biggest fanbases in hockey are in Toronto & Montreal. In 1994, the Blue Jays were two-time defending WS champs and the Expos were the best team in baseball, but due to the strike never made the playoffs & moved to Washington. He's probably not liked too much up there.

That connection totally escaped me! Interesting.

I'm really not stressing over a work stoppage this year. The NHL has priced me out of wanting to go to games, so for me it's just a TV show being cancelled.

I'll take my kid to Wolves games and be perfectly fine.

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 15, 2012 -> 11:50 PM)
The lockout is official.

Is it bad that as a drunken season ticket holder (half season), I am really not that upset about no hockey?

Maybe it's the Sox/Bears potential or just the frustration of the last two first round exits by the Hawks?

The NHL is doing everything it can to make sure no one gives a s*** about hockey.