2012-2013 Official NHL thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 12, 2013 -> 11:45 PM)
Not sure why Geico would choose Nicklas Backstrom as a spokesperson but whatever.

Looks like it's Detroit in round 2. DETROIT SUCKS!

I've thought the same thing every time. 3 different commercials, and only guys like me and you know who the hell he is.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 13, 2013 -> 06:55 AM)
Detroit Red Wings@DetroitRedWings Round Two will start in Chicago with games on Wed & Sat. Full schedule will be released tomorrow.

Weird.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 13, 2013 -> 08:04 AM)
Ugh, I really wanted it to get going on Tuesday.

Agreed.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 13, 2013 -> 09:31 AM)
I've thought the same thing every time. 3 different commercials, and only guys like me and you know who the hell he is.

They totally did the same thing with Brian Orakpo of the Redskins. No one really knows him either, I guess they are trying to dominate the Washington, DC market?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 13, 2013 -> 11:09 AM)
It's official, game 1 on Wednesday at 7 PM. Rest of the schedule to be announced tonight.

Wed/Sat wastes so much time, plus giving Detroit time to regroup only playing 2 games in the 6 days after ending a 7 game series. Really would have liked Tues/Thu but looks like the other 2 series took tomorrow.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 13, 2013 -> 11:20 AM)
Wed/Sat wastes so much time, plus giving Detroit time to regroup only playing 2 games in the 6 days after ending a 7 game series. Really would have liked Tues/Thu but looks like the other 2 series took tomorrow.

It sucks, however it opens me up for the twins game on tuesday night, on the road.

Hawks tix for the conference finals went on sale today at 12:00.

There are singles floating around for every game...it said unavailable earlier except for a possible game 7, but some are showing back up if anyone wants to get in and grab some. Max of 4 per person total, not per game.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 13, 2013 -> 11:31 AM)
It sucks, however it opens me up for the twins game on tuesday night, on the road.

We've switched places, I'm briefly in Chicago. You been to Target Field before? Absolutely gorgeous. Make sure to get a Kramarczuk's brat.

Would have preferred a Tuesday start for the Hawks also. Oh well.

QUOTE (farmteam @ May 13, 2013 -> 02:38 PM)
We've switched places, I'm briefly in Chicago. You been to Target Field before? Absolutely gorgeous. Make sure to get a Kramarczuk's brat.

Would have preferred a Tuesday start for the Hawks also. Oh well.

Once before but briefly, never for a Sox game. Looking forward to the 91 degree weather.

WEDNESDAY, May 15, 2013 7 p.m. DETROIT at Chicago NBCSN, CBC

SATURDAY, May 18, 2013 12 p.m. DETROIT at Chicago NBC, CBC

MONDAY, May 20, 2013 6:30 p.m. Chicago at DETROIT NBCSN, CBC

THURSDAY, May 23, 2013 7 p.m. Chicago at DETROIT NBCSN, CBC

*SATURDAY, May 25, 2013 TBD DETROIT at Chicago CBC

*MONDAY, May 27, 2013 TBD Chicago at DETROIT CBC

*WEDNESDAY, May 29, 2013 TBD DETROIT at Chicago CBC

Edited by IlliniKrush

Hawks f***ing Red Wings. The final chance to meet as opponents in the same conference. 2009 doesn't sting so bad as it was an obvious stepping stone to the Stanley Cup Championship the year following. 1995 is still a brutal memory for me as a then 12-year old frothing young Hawks fan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_Stanley_...rn_Conference_3

Losing those games in OT absolutely built this young Hawks fan's hatred of the Red Wings as high as it would go. Two straight playoff series losses to the Colorado Avalanche in years to come would make me hate them ALMOST as much, but the Red Wings are number one.

This series means a lot. Say what you will about them being a 7 seed. Say what you will about them actually being a great matchup for a team that likes to fly like the Blackhawks.

This is Blackhawks/Red Wings. It f***ing starts tomorrow night. It will be loud, it will be feisty, it will be epic, and I hope it will be over in 5 games or less. These Wings have proven they don't want to go quietly.

4688032845_d59036bd4f.jpg

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 14, 2013 -> 11:22 AM)
Hawks f***ing Red Wings. The final chance to meet as opponents in the same conference. 2009 doesn't sting so bad as it was an obvious stepping stone to the Stanley Cup Championship the year following. 1995 is still a brutal memory for me as a then 12-year old frothing young Hawks fan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_Stanley_...rn_Conference_3

Losing those games in OT absolutely built this young Hawks fan's hatred of the Red Wings as high as it would go. Two straight playoff series losses to the Colorado Avalanche in years to come would make me hate them ALMOST as much, but the Red Wings are number one.

This series means a lot. Say what you will about them being a 7 seed. Say what you will about them actually being a great matchup for a team that likes to fly like the Blackhawks.

This is Blackhawks/Red Wings. It f***ing starts tomorrow night. It will be loud, it will be feisty, it will be epic, and I hope it will be over in 5 games or less. These Wings have proven they don't want to go quietly.

4688032845_d59036bd4f.jpg

I can't really add much to what you said, perfect, and I think we're the same age so yeah.

Edit: I can add something.

DINO SUCKS

Edited by IlliniKrush