2012-2013 Official NHL thread

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 15, 2013 -> 11:19 AM)
@TimSassone

Stalberg out tonight, said Quenneville. #Blackhawks

Stupid.

Because he questioned his role or something, is the rumor.

It doesn't make much sense. Plus you're breaking up a line that's been pretty consistent all year. He didn't have a great playoff series, I get that. Seems a little bit knee-jerky here.

Though Bolland isn't a true #2 center, he's much closer to it than Handzus, who hasn't played well in the playoffs. And if he's not winning faceoffs, he's completely worthless. Or you leave that line alone, you can even have Bolland play on the 4th. Carcillo & Bollig in over Stalberg is silly.

I could see the Hawks being down 1-0 tonight and by the middle of the 2nd period we'll see about 10 different line combinations.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 14, 2013 -> 05:29 PM)
It's really something to explain to bandwagon jumpers that home games weren't on TV. Hell, even back in high school, if a Hawks game came up and they would ask what channel it's on or hey maybe I'll watch, I just had the "uh, it's a home game" response, which most people were just like, "OK and?"

I spent many a nights doing homework with headphones plugged into the stereo downstairs. That was...normal. We became so used to it.

Remember being excited when Fox would be able to grab a game in the spring? You'd stop your life to watch that game. OMG THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER, I CAN SEE THE UNITED CENTER ICE.

SEASON RESERVATIONISTS FTW

At the risk of sounding like an AT&T U-Verse commercial, "back in my day" you couldn't even listen to the first period of home games on the radio. They'd start the broadcast with the second.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 15, 2013 -> 01:10 PM)
Because he questioned his role or something, is the rumor.

It doesn't make much sense. Plus you're breaking up a line that's been pretty consistent all year. He didn't have a great playoff series, I get that. Seems a little bit knee-jerky here.

Though Bolland isn't a true #2 center, he's much closer to it than Handzus, who hasn't played well in the playoffs. And if he's not winning faceoffs, he's completely worthless. Or you leave that line alone, you can even have Bolland play on the 4th. Carcillo & Bollig in over Stalberg is silly.

I could see the Hawks being down 1-0 tonight and by the middle of the 2nd period we'll see about 10 different line combinations.

Yeah - sitting Stalberg is just silly - his speed against the Wings would be an asset.

I could see benching Stalberg, obviously Q is pissed about something, but replacing him with Carcillo is just dumb. Carcillo will get his normal 4 minutes of ice time and get a dumb penalty.

Hawks penalty kill has been great this year, but you don't want to mess around with giving the Red Wings too many power plays. Datsyuk will be all over that.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ May 15, 2013 -> 01:39 PM)
At the risk of sounding like an AT&T U-Verse commercial, "back in my day" you couldn't even listen to the first period of home games on the radio. They'd start the broadcast with the second.

Brutal.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 15, 2013 -> 02:45 PM)
I heard he has a shoulder injury. if its really benching then it sucks because he is as good as gone then next season.

Haven't heard that anywhere, I don't think it's the case but who knows.