2012-2013 Official NHL thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ May 23, 2013 -> 09:47 PM)
Lol

Every team that had one of those amazing starts won the cup. (Duck, oilers, canadiens)

Edited by G&T

I don't know jack s*** about hockey but it seems as though we just can't set up any quick passes for clean shots near the goal or any one-timers...we're just throwing everything right at the net as soon as we can get a clean shot...and without screening Howard, it's just easy pickings for him....of course, we've hit post like 8 times in the last three games and nothing has gotten behind him, meanwhile Detroit hits the post once tonight and it goes right in...

QUOTE (G&T @ May 24, 2013 -> 03:52 AM)
Every team that had one of those amazing starts won the cup. (Duck, oilers, canadiens)

How about the NHL record holder for best record in a season not winning the Stanley cup

QUOTE (bmags @ May 23, 2013 -> 09:57 PM)
How about the NHL record holder for best record in a season not winning the Stanley cup

Made it past the second round.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 23, 2013 -> 09:57 PM)

pres trophy winning team wins the cup at a higher percentage than any other win/loss%

I thought the Hawks played pretty well about 8 of the last 10 minutes and thought they'd tie it. Lot of good passes to wide open players who took slap shots to no avail.

I thought they played like s*** when they pulled the goalie. I remember one possession with time of the essence, some dope in the Hawks' end was skating around in circles rather than taking off with the puck. I guess he was off balance or something but it was pissing me off. Can't remember the player. I screamed at the TV.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 24, 2013 -> 08:09 AM)
Toews just needs to change his number to 40, because Zetterberg owns his existence.

Being at home in game 5 can neutralize that advantage, but back to Joe Louis for game 6*.

I hate to brag, but I'm tied with Cpt. Serious for NHL playoff goals this season and only trailing Kaner by one. Granted, #19 is kicking my ass in penalties, but I'm really going to work on that from my couch. I'm confident because of the leadership I've provided, especially on the power play.