2012-2013 Official NHL thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 21, 2012 -> 08:46 AM)
They really need to condense teams or do something real to fix this thing. When you lose two season in a rather short period of time something major is broken.

This isn't a percentage point difference in revenue sharing.

Actually...it is, among other things.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 21, 2012 -> 09:45 AM)
Actually...it is, among other things.

The other things are the issues that I think they need to resolve. I think the NHL is getting themselves into a deeper hole now that is not going to go away when the lockout is settled. Settling on the split may answer the problems that existed in August but I think the revenue for the NHL is going to tank moving forward.

I love it the players union wants to be a union until they decide to disband it........................................after contract talks are over they want to be fully reconized as a union again............either you are or not a union...................not just when it is convenient to be one!

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Dec 21, 2012 -> 05:12 PM)
I love it the players union wants to be a union until they decide to disband it........................................after contract talks are over they want to be fully reconized as a union again............either you are or not a union...................not just when it is convenient to be one!

You do realize this is just a negotiation tactic, right?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 22, 2012 -> 04:56 PM)
You do realize this is just a negotiation tactic, right?

Yes and it is nonsense to think people are that stupid to buy the bulls***.....................same thing when the NFLPA did it. If season is lost again I hope fans boycott buying tickets to the games and watch them at home.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Dec 23, 2012 -> 11:21 AM)
Yes and it is nonsense to think people are that stupid to buy the bulls***.....................same thing when the NFLPA did it. If season is lost again I hope fans boycott buying tickets to the games and watch them at home.

LOL, what the hell are you talking about.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 23, 2012 -> 11:47 AM)
LOL, what the hell are you talking about.

What don't you get................it bulls*** they are going to decertify then after it is over become a union again.................it is a shell game and fans do not buy the bulls*** period! Fehr dam near ruined baseball and is doing a hell of a job at doing the same with the NHL, people have seen this movie before.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Dec 23, 2012 -> 11:51 AM)
What don't you get................it bulls*** they are going to decertify then after it is over become a union again.................it is a shell game and fans do not buy the bulls*** period! Fehr dam near ruined baseball and is doing a hell of a job at doing the same with the NHL, people have seen this movie before.

Its a negotiation tactic, why are you freaking out over it?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 26, 2012 -> 11:06 AM)

To make it worse, I have the Hawks as one of my favorite teams on my ESPN app, so I am constantly reminded of who/when they should be playing. Big home game tonight vs. Nashville & Pekka Rinne.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 26, 2012 -> 11:21 AM)
To make it worse, I have the Hawks as one of my favorite teams on my ESPN app, so I am constantly reminded of who/when they should be playing. Big home game tonight vs. Nashville & Pekka Rinne.

I removed them, just so I didn't have to see it.

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun

An NHL player says the NHL made a new offer to the NHLPA on Thursday, one which moved on contract term limits, buyouts and variance...

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

Among the changes in the new proposal, the NHL adjusted its max contract length from 5 to 6 yrs. Boosted the variance from 5% to 10%.

I've seen postings on message boards saying NBC has sent notices to advertisers that the NHL will return on 1/19.

Not sold on this, since I don't trust either side, but if they are indeed sending word to advertisers, this would indicate something is imminent.

In maybe-related news, the ever-wacky Ilya Bryzgalov has left his KHL team:

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/frequen...-is-ending.html

John Shannon ‏@JSportsnet

NHL inches closer to a deal with PA.Still some major disagreements between the sides on core issues.Deal is still a work in progress.

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS

But the NHLPA agreed (with some conditions) that the next CBA will be 10 years and not 8 like they previously asked.