2012-2013 Official NHL thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 3, 2013 -> 06:57 PM)
Until you see "THANK YOU FANS" just inside the blue line.

Oh, it's gonna take more than THAT.

After what they've put me through, I DEMAND to see "YOU'RE THE BEST!!!" on the ice this time - three exclamation points minimum.

QUOTE (That funky motion @ Jan 3, 2013 -> 08:15 PM)
Andy Scott ‏@Andy_Scott15

A few trusty sources saying NHLPA - NHL deal will be announced tomorrow..... #FinalStretch #AboutTime

We'll see if he's more reliable than Adam "95% sure Reid to Cardinals" Schefter.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 3, 2013 -> 09:06 PM)
We'll see if he's more reliable than Adam "95% sure Reid to Cardinals" Schefter.

yeah, i cant say i have been following this too closely, but an article on espn suggested that yesterdays talks (or lack there of) were in no way heading toward an agreement

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/8811312/...ba-talks-danger

QUOTE (IowanSoxFan @ Jan 5, 2013 -> 12:01 PM)
A_20ADKCYAAZ-XF.png

First year of really following the World Juniors and it was a really fun tournament to watch. Did anyone else watch the game this morning?

Caught the last period. The US was the best team there. No fluke about this.

Nice to see Canada walk away empty handed.

My emotions today went from a kid on xmas, to extremely pissed off, to a state of confusion - this is what we want, our sport back and our games back, but I didn't know how to feel about letting myself get into it, and figuring out how exactly I will do that. Combining emotion 1 with emotion 2 put me in a weird spot for the day.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 6, 2013 -> 10:50 PM)
My emotions today went from a kid on xmas, to extremely pissed off, to a state of confusion - this is what we want, our sport back and our games back, but I didn't know how to feel about letting myself get into it, and figuring out how exactly I will do that. Combining emotion 1 with emotion 2 put me in a weird spot for the day.

This is how I've felt since hearing the news. Then I thought of the glorious Indianhead sweater and the fact that I lived through the worst of the Bill Wirtz era, so now that we have an owner who cares I'm just going to jump back in with both feet and enjoy it.

Now, a goalie please.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 6, 2013 -> 10:50 PM)

I was very lukewarm when it happened. I'm kinda happy, but at the same time, all my enthusiasm was pretty well sapped out by the length of the fight.

Luongo oks trade anywhere

Vancouver Canucks goalie Roberto Luongo is in Florida preparing for the 2012-13 season, but for which team he plays that campaign remains in question.

Luongo told the Toronto Sun he has given Vancouver GM Mike Gillis "the green light" to do whatever is best for the team, including trading the three-time all-star goaltender.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 8, 2013 -> 08:32 AM)
Luongo oks trade anywhere

Vancouver Canucks goalie Roberto Luongo is in Florida preparing for the 2012-13 season, but for which team he plays that campaign remains in question.

Luongo told the Toronto Sun he has given Vancouver GM Mike Gillis "the green light" to do whatever is best for the team, including trading the three-time all-star goaltender.

He has to be almost untradeable under the new CBA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roberto_Luongo

Several days later, on September 2, the Canucks announced that they had signed Luongo to a 12-year contract extension worth $64 million for a $5.33 million annual salary cap hit.[97] The front-loaded deal, which will expire by the time Luongo is 43 and includes a no-trade clause, sees him make $10 million in 2010–11, then approximately $6.7 million annually through to 2017–18, $3.3 million and $1.6 million the subsequent two seasons, before tailing off to $1 million for the final two years.[97] The contract contains two additional clauses to circumvent the no-trade clause that allow Luongo to facilitate a trade after the fifth year and for the Canucks to also facilitate a trade after the seventh year.