2012-2013 Official NHL thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 8, 2013 -> 08:34 AM)
He has to be almost untradeable under the new CBA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roberto_Luongo

Do we know if old contracts will be altered by the new CBA or will they be grandfathered in? Right now, his cap hit is $5.3333 million, but his salary for the next six seasons is $6.714 mil.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 8, 2013 -> 09:52 AM)
Do we know if old contracts will be altered by the new CBA or will they be grandfathered in? Right now, his cap hit is $5.3333 million, but his salary for the next six seasons is $6.714 mil.

I haven't seen any details on contracts, other than the two buyouts for next year.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 8, 2013 -> 09:52 AM)

It is way more complex than this...

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opinion/20...rto-luongo.html

CapGeek ‏@capgeek

Two-way contracts exempt unless minor-league salary exceeds $900K. Player with $3M/$1M two-way deal would count $100K against cap in minors.

Rostislav Olesz, meanwhile, would count at $2.25M against the #Blackhawks cap in the minors.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 8, 2013 -> 12:13 PM)
CapGeek ‏@capgeek

Two-way contracts exempt unless minor-league salary exceeds $900K. Player with $3M/$1M two-way deal would count $100K against cap in minors.

Rostislav Olesz, meanwhile, would count at $2.25M against the #Blackhawks cap in the minors.

And thus ends to limo ride from Rockford to Chicago game.

Mark Spector Sports ‏@SportsnetSpec

Sounds like Burke did NOT want to make Luongo deal, while many in Leafs org did. Burke a principled man.

Nick Kypreos ‏@RealKyper

Breaking #NHL news confirmed #Leafs Brian Burke done with the Leafs. Details to follow.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jan 12, 2013 -> 10:58 PM)
Hawks play 10 of first 12 on the road...............may be in a hole in a short season Hawks never climb out of.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/acroba...80-12194628.pdf

That is just moronic. I dont care that they play 10 of the next 12 at home after the first 12, that is still unfair. Even worse to do that to a team that will have 1 week to prepare and no preseason games.

The NHL has really bent over the Chicago fans this year.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jan 12, 2013 -> 09:58 PM)
Hawks play 10 of first 12 on the road...............may be in a hole in a short season.......... Hawks never climb out of.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/media/acroba...80-12194628.pdf

Yeah, that's pretty ridiculous. Disney on Ice hurts them for the first two weeks of February, but they could have snuck in a game or two in late January.

Seven officially recalled from Rockford. Kruger, Leddy, Bollig, Shaw, Pirri, Saad and Stanton. Really happy for Stanton to get an opportunity in training camp. The lockout probably helped his stock within the organization. They got to watch him play a lot in person. Great stay at home d-man and an even better penalty killer. Unfortunately, there are 8 guys in front of him if you include Montador.

Saad has been playing phenomenal of late. 4 point night on Friday and then follows it up with a filthy GWG on Saturday.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 08:39 AM)
I like it for no other reason than he won't let someone take runs at those two.

Yeah, he'll just play like a creep, take penalties, put players on opposing teams in danger, and provide absolutely nothing offensively. I f***ing hate that guy.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 08:47 AM)
Yeah, he'll just play like a creep, take penalties, put players on opposing teams in danger, and provide absolutely nothing offensively. I f***ing hate that guy.

With as many BS hits as Hawks players have taken over the past few seasons, I'm kind of OK with that. I want our guys to quit getting run. If it takes Carcillo to do that, fine.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 08:49 AM)
With as many BS hits as Hawks players have taken over the past few seasons, I'm kind of OK with that. I want our guys to quit getting run. If it takes Carcillo to do that, fine.

He can do that while playing on the 4th line, if he must. No reason to have him playing with them on the same line. It's idiotic.