2012-2013 Official NHL thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 21, 2013 -> 07:14 AM)
Damn gym date in the am - couldn't watch a lick of Hawks hockey last night. It's good to see that Hossa is showing no ill-effects from that concussion.

I think the lockout helped him. It sounded like he wasn't 100% in November, but these extra two to three months fully cleared all the haze out of his head.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 20, 2013 -> 02:46 PM)
Kyle Beach is garbage, as is Rockford. They still play like a UHL team.

That's just silly. There was a major discrepancy in penalties before this brawl happened, and it was a carry over with the ref from the last game he officiated when Rockford was shorthanded 9 times compared to getting 1 power play. That, combined, with the rivalry with GR this season, boiled over.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 22, 2013 -> 04:33 PM)
That's just silly. There was a major discrepancy in penalties before this brawl happened, and it was a carry over with the ref from the last game he officiated when Rockford was shorthanded 9 times compared to getting 1 power play. That, combined, with the rivalry with GR this season, boiled over.

Well Kyle Beach is in fact garbage. That's not up for debate.

Rockford hasn't been a classy organization since they joined the AHL. I'm not just talking about the instance at hand.

That game last night was fun - Kaner looks electric right now. One thing I sometimes forget is how young our two best players (Kane/Toews) are still, and how they can still improve. It looks like Kaner's laying off the sauce/partying, too.

The Hawks still need a goaltender capable of stopping more than 90% of shots directed his way, but they're definitely going to be a top of the west playoff picture team vs bottom of the west playoff picture team.

I'm also just now realizing how much this "only playing your own conference" schedule is going to suck. Any games outside the central on the road are going to be late ones.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jan 22, 2013 -> 09:41 PM)
I definitely meant to say Kane has been playing with energy so far this year.

Saad looks good too, though. Still young.

Saad looked a bit lost in the defensive zone at times but was agressive back checking and was very good offensively with Toews and Hossa. I look forward to more playing time from him.