2012-2013 Official NHL thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 08:02 AM)
Exactly. With a goalie who could have games like that, the Hawks would be a cup favorite.

Hey, I like s***ting on Corey Crawford, it's one of my favorite pastimes, but he's been fantastic so far this season. 3-0, .923, 1.98.

I'd poo my pantaloons if he could keep that percentage around .920 all year long.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 09:07 AM)
Hey, I like s***ting on Corey Crawford, it's one of my favorite pastimes, but he's been fantastic so far this season. 3-0, .923, 1.98.

I'd poo my pantaloons if he could keep that percentage around .920 all year long.

True, but that first goal yesterday just gave me memories of last year's playoff series. There was almost the second one like that, but Keith saved his ass.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 08:02 AM)
Exactly. With a goalie who could have games like that, the Hawks would be a cup favorite.

Its obviously crazy early, but I think its reasonable to say they already are one. With the way all lines are clicking offensively and how the D pairings look, with a top tier goalie, we might be THE favorite (at least out of the West).

This start out of the long layoff is really exciting. Remember when the Sox blew so bad after the '94 strike? That sucked.

That said, this season, more than any other, is going to come down to health, which essentially comes down to luck.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 09:07 AM)

He won't.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 10:48 AM)
He's already come close.

I think it's safe to say that if the Hawks can win the Cup with Antti Niemi in the net that Corey Crawford would suffice if everything clicked.

NIEMI SAYS NO

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 27, 2013 -> 09:52 AM)
Are penalty times not being shown an issue as well. Was really confused during a stretch last night.

Yeah, that's pissing me off - penalty minutes remaining is an imperative part of an NHL broadcast.

I'd kill for 6-0 tonight at the UC against the Wings.