2012-2013 Official NHL thread

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jan 27, 2013 -> 12:13 PM)
The Wings aren't that good this year, but Emery's probably getting the start, so it should be a tough game to win.

Still haven't made an official announcement about the starting goalie, still could be Crawford.

Heading to the UC tonight, feels like I haven't been there in so long.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 28, 2013 -> 04:53 AM)
I was at the game (first hockey game ever for me). Great atmosphere. Even better we won. :)

Awesome! For me, NHL is the only pro sport I'd prefer to be watching live. I like being at sports events every once in a while, but for the most part prefer watching on tv with replays and such. But hockey is too awesome live.

Hockey is most definitely the best sport to watch live.

I love being at a baseball game, the atmosphere is amazing, but you miss out on some of the intricacies that you can pick up on by having the perfect angle. Not so at a hockey event.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 28, 2013 -> 09:56 AM)
Awesome! For me, NHL is the only pro sport I'd prefer to be watching live. I like being at sports events every once in a while, but for the most part prefer watching on tv with replays and such. But hockey is too awesome live.

I feel like hockey and baseball are better life, NFL is better on TV no question, and NBA depends on where you sit.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 28, 2013 -> 10:02 AM)
Hockey is most definitely the best sport to watch live.

I love being at a baseball game, the atmosphere is amazing, but you miss out on some of the intricacies that you can pick up on by having the perfect angle. Not so at a hockey event.

I agree with this 100%. Nothing compares to a live hockey game.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 28, 2013 -> 05:02 PM)
I feel like hockey and baseball are better life, NFL is better on TV no question, and NBA depends on where you sit.

That's a good point. Truth be told I've never been below the 300 level for bball. Definitely need to treat myself soon to a really nice seat.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 28, 2013 -> 10:02 AM)

I concur. My season tix for the Hawks are 10 rows up in the 300 level corner, but they are still solid seats. I wouldn't dare pony up the money for Bulls tix that high up, the view is so much worse for basketball.

Watching the NFL is so much better on TV, especially since everyone has "action" on other games, but there is something about the atmosphere and experience of Bears games that keeps me going to Soldier Field every weekend.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 28, 2013 -> 10:20 AM)
That's a good point. Truth be told I've never been below the 300 level for bball. Definitely need to treat myself soon to a really nice seat.

I only sit 200 or 100 for Bulls - it's so much fun.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 28, 2013 -> 08:02 AM)

NBA down close is pretty freaking awesome. I have NBA, NHL, MLB, and NFL in that order. I could never order NFL season tickets (one game is fine with me) because it is just so much better on tv.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 28, 2013 -> 08:34 AM)
I only sit 200 or 100 for Bulls - it's so much fun.

I dont' go often but when I go to lakers/clippers games it is always in a similar section and the event is just a total blast. Atmosphere is better, imo, and the game is more entertaining to me (I'm not a big hockey person...mainly because tv doesn't do it justice; live is awesome).