2012-2013 Official NHL thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get the Toews hate. He had 7 shots on goal. One hit of those hit the post. Not great, but it's not like he isn't doing anything.

Andrew Shaw on the other hand needs to control himself. He looked like a coked out maniac last night.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 21, 2013 -> 06:28 AM)
Paging #19, paging #19.

You mean that guy who was getting brutalized on every play yet still took the puck to the net and looked utterly dominant? He had bad luck - hit a post, had a wraparound that somehow didn't find the opening. Howard played great, but I have no idea why you'd single out the one guy on the team that stood out as playing a good game?

Why not get on Seabrook for playing like an idiot, Keith for being fancy, Kane for pretty much disappearing and stick handling us out of opportunities, or Hossa for lazy board play? I'd be quicker to blame just about anyone than Toews.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 21, 2013 -> 09:14 AM)
You mean that guy who was getting brutalized on every play yet still took the puck to the net and looked utterly dominant? He had bad luck - hit a post, had a wraparound that somehow didn't find the opening. Howard played great, but I have no idea why you'd single out the one guy on the team that stood out as playing a good game?

Why not get on Seabrook for playing like an idiot, Keith for being fancy, Kane for pretty much disappearing and stick handling us out of opportunities, or Hossa for lazy board play? I'd be quicker to blame just about anyone than Toews.

He has been playing well, but the results aren't there and that's what matters in the end. Fact is he has 0 goals & 3 assists in 8 playoff games. They have scored only one goal in each of their last two games. Bad luck sucks and all, but if your best player isn't putting points on the board, you are gonna go home.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 21, 2013 -> 07:46 AM)
He has been playing well, but the results aren't there and that's what matters in the end. Fact is he has 0 goals & 3 assists in 8 playoff games. They have scored only one goal in each of their last two games. Bad luck sucks and all, but if your best player isn't putting points on the board, you are gonna go home.

They have more than enough ammunition to beat Detroit even if Toews is neutralized.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 21, 2013 -> 09:52 AM)
They have more than enough ammunition to beat Detroit even if Toews is neutralized.

This is true, and there are more than enough players to blame for the last two losses. But with the team in a scoring funk for one reason or another, and the season potentially on the line, I would like to see the team's captain and best player get on the damn score sheet.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 23, 2013 -> 08:09 AM)
This game is going to be nerve-racking. I just hope they get out to an early lead and pile on so I can not be freaking out.

It's only the season on the line tonight. Nothing to get nervous about.

:drink

This game is going to be nerve-racking. I just hope they get out to an early lead and pile on so I can not be freaking out.

I might have to grab a flask and start drinking at work to calm my nerves already.

Part of me wants the game to start right now, part of me doesn't want it to start for a long time.