2012-2013 Official NHL thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 29, 2013 -> 09:29 AM)
I think game 2 would normally be on Monday, but the Rolling Stones will be at United Center Monday night.

Who on Earth allowed that to be scheduled and how did they know that Rose wouldn't be playing this season?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 29, 2013 -> 08:44 AM)
Who on Earth allowed that to be scheduled and how did they know that Rose wouldn't be playing this season?

Judging from the extremely high ticket prices, I imagine that you don't say no when the Rolling Stones ask to play at your arena, NHL/NBA playoffs be damned.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 29, 2013 -> 09:00 AM)
Judging from the extremely high ticket prices, I imagine that you don't say no when the Rolling Stones ask to play at your arena, NHL/NBA playoffs be damned.

I get it, but to have bad ice tonight, then bad ice Saturday and Sunday (and playing back to back)...you'd think there'd be a way to schedule it at a different time.

I was thinking they'd end up going Saturday/Tuesday to start.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 29, 2013 -> 09:18 AM)
I get it, but to have bad ice tonight, then bad ice Saturday and Sunday (and playing back to back)...you'd think there'd be a way to schedule it at a different time.

Well, nothing can be worse than the bouncing puck in Joe Louis in this series.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ May 29, 2013 -> 09:18 AM)

I think the delayed start to the season is to blame too. The last possible date for a SC Final game 7 is June 28, so they are running out of time. No matter who wins tonight, if both conference final series go to 7 games, both game 7s will be on the same Wedneday night, which is not ideal.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 29, 2013 -> 10:09 AM)
I think the delayed start to the season is to blame too. The last possible date for a SC Final game 7 is June 28, so they are running out of time. No matter who wins tonight, if both conference final series go to 7 games, both game 7s will be on the same Wedneday night, which is not ideal.

Yup, that'll be 830/9 start here if both go 7.