2012-2013 Official NHL thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a great game. A little surprised the Hawks didn't come out and put this series away 3-0. I do realize the Kings are exceedingly tough at home. Well, I now fully expect this to return to Chicago tied 2-2. So it's time for home ice to hold true. Hawks got to take care of business at home after Kings tie this baby up.

That's my take. If we were gonna win one in LA it woulda been tonight.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 4, 2013 -> 11:28 PM)
Not true, as they both went for roughing. Nothing was called until they went to fight.

The official was going over there because of the cross check. Williams just made it easy by dropping his gloves so he didn't have to take Sharp alone.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 07:05 AM)
The official was going over there because of the cross check. Williams just made it easy by dropping his gloves so he didn't have to take Sharp alone.

Yeah, to break them up and get them to settled down to drop the puck. There was no penalty called initially, Sharp wasn't going for anything.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 02:50 PM)
I completely understand that stick to the face was horrible, but I really hated Carter's slashing keith's bare hand.

Well, yeah, the slashing the bare hand is what caused the stick to the shoulder/inadvertently to the face.

That being said, I would not disagree with a one-game suspension, but I'm hoping like hell it's just a hefty fine.

QUOTE (lord chas @ Jun 5, 2013 -> 02:09 PM)
How long is this discipline hearing going to take?

Keith was just at practice, so apparently it's over. Just haven't released word on the outcome, I guess that might be a good thing?

Penguins actually played a pretty good game, much better compared to their horse s*** effort in games 1 and 2...had an edge in play...just could not score. Malkin had like 20+ shot attempts. They had to find a way to get the OT winner. Series was hinging on it, they are so defeated right now.

If the Hawks can advance whoever is there, is there...I just didn't want a short series.