2012-2013 Official NHL thread

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 09:39 AM)
I completely agree, except BIG BAD BICK has more skills. He brings the big presence in front of the net we've been missing since Buff's departure, and has turned out to be an upgrade.

Eh, not sure I completely agree with that. He's been very good in the playoffs, but IMO I still take Buff if given the choice.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 09:59 AM)
Eh, not sure I completely agree with that. He's been very good in the playoffs, but IMO I still take Buff if given the choice.

Well, I'm mainly talking about the playoff versions of each, since both were so key in their respective conference finals. To me, Buff's main attribute was his size and his grit around the net. Bicks seems to match all of that, plus adds that sweet wrister.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 10:17 AM)
Well, I'm mainly talking about the playoff versions of each, since both were so key in their respective conference finals. To me, Buff's main attribute was his size and his grit around the net. Bicks seems to match all of that, plus adds that sweet wrister.

Buff was tougher to goalies IMO and had a ridiculous slap shot and probably more speed. I think Bick will make a huge payday in the offseason but will ultimately disappoint his future team.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 11:00 AM)
Buff was tougher to goalies IMO and had a ridiculous slap shot and probably more speed. I think Bick will make a huge payday in the offseason but will ultimately disappoint his future team.

This. I think he has more value to us than anyone else and he will have a tough time earning the $3M many are predicting he could get in FA.

Are we talking pre or post Byfuglien massive weight gain and emotional issues? ;)

They're both great stories. The biggest thing that came from last night was the pairing of Toews and Kane and the instant revival of KANERRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr. Keep Hoss with his countryman (I think it's time Krush and I both give Handzus props for how much he has stepped up in the playoffs) and enjoy this thing.

Bickell - Toews - Kane

Sharp - Handzus - Hossa

are your top two pairings moving forward.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 11:26 AM)
Are we talking pre or post Byfuglien massive weight gain and emotional issues? ;)

They're both great stories. The biggest thing that came from last night was the pairing of Toews and Kane and the instant revival of KANERRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr. Keep Hoss with his countryman (I think it's time Krush and I both give Handzus props for how much he has stepped up in the playoffs) and enjoy this thing.

Bickell - Toews - Kane

Sharp - Handzus - Hossa

Mmm hmm.

Also props for Bolland knocking out Richards of course.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 12:04 PM)
People are going to freak out when the Hawks let Bickell sign with someone else in the off season. Just like when they traded Byfuglien.

Yep as well as Stalberg.

We have some young guns that I think will be good fill ins for who we are losing.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 11:43 AM)
Mmm hmm.

Also props for Bolland knocking out Richards of course.

I'm not giving you props for saying he was good in the regular season when he was horrific.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 11:26 AM)

Bickell - Toews - Kane

Sharp - Handzus - Hossa

He's had some good games in the playoffs, and some awful ones. He's still slow as f***, but usually he's good defensively and at least somewhat in position and plays a smart game. He's trying his hardest to win a Cup, he knows he's nearing the end of the road.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 12:04 PM)
People are going to freak out when the Hawks let Bickell sign with someone else in the off season. Just like when they traded Byfuglien.

And by "people" you mean "bandwagon"

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 12:18 PM)
I'm not giving you props for saying he was good in the regular season when he was horrific.

Correct, he was awful. He's been better in the playoffs than regular season.

It's not like he's been spectacular throughout. My biggest issue with the move was the fact that HE was Stan's move. Fix the f***ing #2 C problem (this will continue into next year, too). Or play Sharp at C (duh) and get another winger, etc.

Trying to sell Handzus as a #2 C is still a massive fail.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 12:18 PM)

I think Horrific is a gross exaggeration. He was serviceable while Bolland was out and has been a contributor in the playoffs.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 01:06 PM)
I think Horrific is a gross exaggeration. He was serviceable while Bolland was out and has been a contributor in the playoffs.

Eh, debatable. I didn't like the trade to begin with and he was brutal in the regular season, but I must give Handzus his due for this postseason. He had a brutal game early in the series against the Wild, but he's been very good ever since.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 04:26 PM)
Eh, debatable. I didn't like the trade to begin with and he was brutal in the regular season, but I must give Handzus his due for this postseason. He had a brutal game early in the series against the Wild, but he's been very good ever since.

I thought he was good comparative to the other options we had. Nothing was great, however he's had a nice steadying effect on the team IMO.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 09:23 PM)
Vokoun is a horrible playoff goalie, I dont understand why anyone is surprised he sucks.

Not exactly his fault they lost. Far, far, far, far from it.

Chara literally with the game-saving save with his glove. Holy f*** what a chaotic last minute.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 09:41 PM)
Not exactly his fault they lost. Far, far, far, far from it.

Chara literally with the game-saving save with his glove. Holy f*** what a chaotic last minute.

He gave up some softies early in the series when he was put in, kind of put them in a hole.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 09:47 PM)
Do Bruins scare anyone?

Absolutely.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 09:53 PM)
He gave up some softies early in the series when he was put in, kind of put them in a hole.

Certainly he will share in the blame, but team in front of him played like s*** and folded after a couple goals, that's really what'll be remembered. That and not finishing anything in 3 and 4.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 09:58 PM)
Absolutely.

Certainly he will share in the blame, but team in front of him played like s*** and folded after a couple goals, that's really what'll be remembered. That and not finishing anything in 3 and 4.

Boston just dominated Pitt defensively. The last two games were awesome but pitt couldnt get anything going towards the net.

It too bad the cup will be over by the time you move over here, I wouldnt be the only one screaming like crazy at the TV.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 10:00 PM)
Boston just dominated Pitt defensively. The last two games were awesome but pitt couldnt get anything going towards the net.

It too bad the cup will be over by the time you move over here, I wouldnt be the only one screaming like crazy at the TV.

Game 3 they had more scoring chances, they just couldn't finish. Today was pretty damn even, didn't have the edge in play like game 3. Still can't believe the Chara save. When Malkin made the stickhandle and waited, I thought no doubt it was in the back of the net.

Haha, yeah. At least there wouldn't be noise complaints. If you didn't know a game was on you would think I was being assaulted or something.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 10:03 PM)
Game 3 they had more scoring chances, they just couldn't finish. Today was pretty damn even, didn't have the edge in play like game 3. Still can't believe the Chara save. When Malkin made the stickhandle and waited, I thought no doubt it was in the back of the net.

Haha, yeah. At least there wouldn't be noise complaints. If you didn't know a game was on you would think I was being assaulted or something.

The Michigan fan below me has heard some serious stomping and s*** talking in the fall/cup playoffs.

Chara at the point on the PP worries me if we make the cup. We've basically conceded the slapshot and relied on the shot block and he has the power to take one of our guys out. I like our chance on the break out against them but they like to close off the neutral zone. Tough matchup.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 10:06 PM)
The Michigan fan below me has heard some serious stomping and s*** talking in the fall/cup playoffs.

Chara at the point on the PP worries me if we make the cup.

Haha, that's awesome.

Chara in general scares me.

This would be a pretty good Final, if the Hawks can advance. Bruins play a good brand of playoff hockey and are pretty deep.