2012-2013 Official NHL thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 10:20 AM)
I already made plans to go to a non-dish bar.

ZOMG WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE DISH WHO WONT BE ABLE TO WATCH THIS GAME. THE NHL IS SO STUPID FOR SCHEDULING GAMES ON PLANET EARTH WHERE IT RAINS.

Seriously, how can they be expected to see games if their satellites go out? There's no way they can come up with an alternative like all of those crafty people who don't get NBCS fed to their homes on their dirt cheap cable deals.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 10:21 AM)
ZOMG WHAT ABOUT THE PEOPLE WHO HAVE DISH WHO WONT BE ABLE TO WATCH THIS GAME. THE NHL IS SO STUPID FOR SCHEDULING GAMES ON PLANET EARTH WHERE IT RAINS.

Seriously, how can they be expected to see games if their satellites go out? There's no way they can come up with an alternative like all of those crafty people who don't get NBCS fed to their homes on their dirt cheap cable deals.

man you sure are upset over some people saying "wish it was on NBC, I don't get NBCS" still

Crossroads lost half a period last series against Det at one point. They turned the radio on but TV was totally gone.

:lol:

Looks like this won't be an issue for me tonight, as I'll be at the UC. Boom.

But yeah, I'd bet 0% of this game comes through on the dish.

8 hours, tick tock, tick tock

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 10:57 AM)
:lol:

Looks like this won't be an issue for me tonight, as I'll be at the UC. Boom.

But yeah, I'd bet 0% of this game comes through on the dish.

8 hours, tick tock, tick tock

Nice, I'll be there Saturday night. Get there early so you dont get stuck in a tornado before puck drop.

I have Comcast, so I'm just worried about the power going out. Or we might have to be those people that bring a baby to a bar. :unsure:

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 01:30 AM)
I actually heard that and texted in that I would totally be on board for trading Sharp, if it gets Bickell back, fine, if not, just to free up money for other players. I feel Sharp has peaked and he should fetch a fair collection of prospects.

Of course dumping Seabrook somewhere would be the greatest possible move at this point, but he and that contract aren't going places.

Trade Sharp to keep Bickell. Get rid of Seabrook.

Any other good players we should get rid of? I think we should get rid of Toews to keep Bolland.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 01:30 AM)
Of course dumping Seabrook somewhere would be the greatest possible move at this point, but he and that contract aren't going places.

Why the f*** would the Blackhawks want to dump Brent Seabrook? His contract was front-loaded, worth $7 million last year and this year, while it drops to $5 million for the rest of the deal (3 more years).

3 years @ $15 million for a legit top pairing D-man in his age 29, 30, and 31 years is not only a steal - it's flat rape. He won't even be in the top 20 defensemen for 2013-2014 salary.

Shea Weber will make $14 million, Ryan Suter will make $12 million, Brian f***ing Campbell will make $7.14 million, Mike Green's godawful ass will make $6 million, Jason Garrison $6.5 million. Dion Phaneuf, Brent Burns, Andrei Markov, and Chris Pronger, among others, will make at least 20% more than Brent Seabrook next season.

And you think that contract is an albatross?

JCM/Chili whatever you want to call yourself. Take your Q-Stache avatar and gtfo of this thread. You have earned a banishment.

EDIT: Holy f***, James Wisniewski will make $6 million next year.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 11:26 AM)
Nice, I'll be there Saturday night. Get there early so you dont get stuck in a tornado before puck drop.

I have Comcast, so I'm just worried about the power going out. Or we might have to be those people that bring a baby to a bar. :unsure:

The way this thing sounds, being at the UC might be the only way to see it...as long as the power doesn't go out there, too.

This thing sounds legit crazy, 50mph+ wind and hail? Yikes.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 12:06 PM)
Why the f*** would the Blackhawks want to dump Brent Seabrook? His contract was front-loaded, worth $7 million last year and this year, while it drops to $5 million for the rest of the deal (3 more years).

3 years @ $15 million for a legit top pairing D-man in his age 29, 30, and 31 years is not only a steal - it's flat rape. He won't even be in the top 20 defensemen for 2013-2014 salary.

Shea Weber will make $14 million, Ryan Suter will make $12 million, Brian f***ing Campbell will make $7.14 million, Mike Green's godawful ass will make $6 million, Jason Garrison $6.5 million. Dion Phaneuf, Brent Burns, Andrei Markov, and Chris Pronger, among others, will make at least 20% more than Brent Seabrook next season.

And you think that contract is an albatross?

JCM/Chili whatever you want to call yourself. Take your Q-Stache avatar and gtfo of this thread. You have earned a banishment.

Wow.

You would think meathead fans would overvalue Kane, not undervalue him.

Bickell might have found something in these playoffs, but I'm not about to sell my first-born son to keep him in the fold. He's going to get paid way more than he's worth.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 02:10 PM)

Bickell might have found something in these playoffs, but I'm not about to sell my first-born son to keep him in the fold. He's going to get paid way more than he's worth.

It only took Bickell 5 years to finally make an impact. He's not worth what he's going to get. In fact most of our UFA's arent.

In the grand scheme of things, Bickell's just "a guy." He's replaceable in one form or fashion.

I will always have a place for him and respect him due to this postseason he's put together, but he's done so well he's likely priced himself out of the Hawks' future, which is fair on both ends.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 02:10 PM)

Big Buff is a great example of what Bickell will be in a couple of years. A big regret to the team that gives him way too much money based on a small sample at the right time.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 02:25 PM)
In the grand scheme of things, Bickell's just "a guy." He's replaceable in one form or fashion.

I will always have a place for him and respect him due to this postseason he's put together, but he's done so well he's likely priced himself out of the Hawks' future, which is fair on both ends.

There were probably 5 guys I would want back from the 2010 team before ever considering signing Bickell. "Just a guy" is a great description.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 12, 2013 -> 02:27 PM)
Big Buff is a great example of what Bickell will be in a couple of years. A big regret to the team that gives him way too much money based on a small sample at the right time.

Yep, totally agree. The way teams like the Blackhawks can sustain excellence is by replacing guys like Bickell cheaply instead of getting in salary hell over their SC nostalgia

In today's salary cap era, the name of the game is creating a solid core of stars, then surrounding them by cheap young talent and maybe some inexpensive experienced veterans. The Hawks obviously have multiple star players locked up, giving a guy like Bickell just doesn't serve them well salary cap wise.