2012-2013 Official NHL thread

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 10:55 AM)
While it surely isn't the smartest thing to do, I think people are reading too much into it. It's all about the sports teams. I don't believe they are making light of what happened in Boston. Boston brought the sports teams into it first, for charity understandably.

I just think there is too much media-driven faux outrage. While I wouldn't buy one, I don't think the people who do are terrorist sympathizers.

Eh, sports have always been used as an extremely visible "get away" from tragic events. See the first game in Yankee Stadium following 9/11. The National Anthem at the Bruins game following the Boston bombings was incredibly moving. Sports have a way of bringing people together. The Red Sox game following the bombings was must-see television - even if Big Papi did ruin it by dropping an f-bomb.

Any city would bring sports into it, and to not let them have their "Boston Strong" slogan is just stupid. They earned it. They were strong.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lord chas @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 11:17 AM)
Anyone remember the infamous Bears/Saints NFC title game sign? Something like we will finish what Katrina started

I went to a Bears game in NOLA a few years back. The Saints fans could not have been nicer. But when talking about Bears fans, many of them had quite the negative opinion, because when they made the trip up for the NFC title game, there was nothing but jokes and insults about Katrina.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 11:32 AM)
I went to a Bears game in NOLA a few years back. The Saints fans could not have been nicer. But when talking about Bears fans, many of them had quite the negative opinion, because when they made the trip up for the NFC title game, there was nothing but jokes and insults about Katrina.

Somehow I'm not surprised. Most "Bears fans" are idiots.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 12:04 PM)
Hey. Your PM inbox is full, idiot. How can I reply to you making fun of moron posters if your PM inbox is full.

It's full because you've PM'd me too much. I blame you.

Also,

/reported.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 12:10 PM)
It sucks that tonight's game is on an exclusive channel. I'd prefer NBC not to be given another contract for the Stanley. An awesome sport that could use some more fans should not be on a premier package.

It's on a very, very exclusive channel. In fact, I'll bet you a hefty sum of money you won't find it.

Also, go re-read the past 10 pages of the thread because we're not going through this again.

It sucks that tonight's game is on an exclusive channel. I'd prefer NBC not to be given another contract for the Stanley. An awesome sport that could use some more fans should not be on a premier package.

The game is tonight??? f***!!! I have tickets but thought the game was tomorrow. I guess I am watching on TV, hope I can find NBCSN on my cable package, I better head home and start looking now.

I see a couple others already nailed you to the wall, so I'll just go ahead and post this.

computer-close-hulk.gif

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 03:45 PM)
Chicago fans are bandwagoners that don't know anything about hockey, unlike Bostonians, says AP piece

Jesus Christ, can we make our off-day fluff a little less insulting?

That article would have been relevant in 2010. A lot of the bandwagoners from 2010 have become serious Blackhawks fans since then. The sellout streak alone is proof-positive that that article is a piece of s***.

I'm going to print it and wipe my ass with it - and I have a big ol' dump brewing.

It's high time for me to ditch my Havlat sweater, any suggestions on buying a new one? I know which player I want, but I don't know if I really need to get the EDGE BS for $250, if I'm okay with the premier at about $150, or if there is something else I should know. Seems like everyone sells for same price, etc

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 14, 2013 -> 04:13 PM)
It's high time for me to ditch my Havlat sweater, any suggestions on buying a new one? I know which player I want, but I don't know if I really need to get the EDGE BS for $250, if I'm okay with the premier at about $150, or if there is something else I should know. Seems like everyone sells for same price, etc

Check Amazon or other sites. You might be able to find it cheaper than the 150. Maybe not right now, but just after the season is over.

I wouldn't call fans in Chicago who hope the Blackhawks win it all "bandwagon" fans. It's not like someone who lives in California their whole life and likes the Yankees.

I admittedly am a fair weather fan, if that's the same thing.