White Sox vs Iowa 6.19 Official Game Thread

In all fairness to Hudson, he's playing out of position. His pop up with the bases loaded an one out was at least close to as bad as his throw, and you can throw blame at him for that. All the mess ups at 3B, that's on KW and the White Sox. The guy isn't a thirdbaseman.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 10:23 PM)
In all fairness to Hudson, he's playing out of position. His pop up with the bases loaded an one out was at least close to as bad as his throw, and you can throw blame at him for that. All the mess ups at 3B, that's on KW and the White Sox. The guy isn't a thirdbaseman.

I agree with that.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 04:23 AM)

Agree completely...he's Mackowiak 2.0

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 10:23 PM)

That's a very good point that is seldom mentioned.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 09:24 PM)
I agree with that.

I'd say let's see what else they do to address it first.

This is exactly one of the of the downsides when you are trying to develop players from within...you have to show patience with a guy, then he goes down or self-destructs, and you don't have Wade Boggs sitting around in AAA waiting to be plugged-in.

I blame this on Morel for being a big bag of suck.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 10:27 PM)
I'd say let's see what else they do to address it first.

This is exactly one of the of the downsides when you are trying to develop players from within...you have to show patience with a guy, then he goes down or self-destructs, and you don't have Wade Boggs sitting around in AAA waiting to be plugged-in.

I blame this on Morel for being a big bag of suck.

I still think Kevin Youkillis may be a decent option right now. Wouldnt cost much. Everyone knows on here how much I hated Morel. But those struggles Im sure were due to his back issues.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 09:28 PM)
I still think Kevin Youkillis may be a decent option right now. Wouldnt cost much. Everyone knows on here how much I hated Morel. But those struggles Im sure were due to his back issues.

I think some of them may have been...but I don't know how different things would have been regardless.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 09:32 PM)
Hudson is taking the blame:

Scott Merkin‏@scottmerkin

Hudson: "I lost the game for the man, that’s it. The man threw a hell of a game, I lost it for him ...

Point blank. Case closed. We lost. My bad. That’s it.”

Well, nothing else you can say.

Way to own up to it, Flo-Rida.

Now let's go get this one tomorrow, fellas.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 10:32 PM)
I think some of them may have been...but I don't know how different things would have been regardless.

Hell we wont know until he gets back....or if he ever gets back

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 09:33 PM)
Hell we wont know until he gets back....or if he ever gets back

I think I have a pretty good idea...he sucked in a very similar fashion without any back issues for plenty of time before this.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 03:33 AM)
Not much to say about this team. It was fun for 16 games.

Win...lose...I don't care. Actually, them losing a bunch in the next few weeks would make July exciting trade-wise.

Yes it would, the only untouchable on the roster would be Sale. Dodgers would have to be very interested in Konerko and Peavy, as they have the money to spend.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 10:36 PM)
Yes it would, the only untouchable on the roster would be Sale. Dodgers would have to be very interested in Konerko and Peavy, as they have the money to spend.

As much as I respect PK, and would like to see him finish his career in a Sox uniform, in the right deal that he approves, you gotta pull the trigger.

I really hope it doesnt get that bad.

You two need to go start the Grim Reaper club and start cutting your forearms and piercing your testicles as you listen to Marilyn Manson :)

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 09:38 PM)
As much as I respect PK, and would like to see him finish his career in a Sox uniform, in the right deal that he approves, you gotta pull the trigger.

Maybe we could trade them our entire organization other than Sale for Matt Kemp!

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 04:38 AM)

Absolutely, especially if they have to cut payroll for next year. It's too bad Dodgers have a mediocre farm system, last time I checked.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 20, 2012 -> 04:39 AM)
Maybe we could trade them our entire organization other than Sale for Matt Kemp!

Can we get Uribe back as well. BTW, Uribe's name is autocorrected to urine on iphones. Also, I think flavum meant interesting and not exciting. I don't think too many people on this site think that trading players at the deadline is more exciting than contending for the playoffs all season, but I may be wrong.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 10:39 PM)
Absolutely, especially if they have to cut payroll for next year. It's too bad Dodgers have a mediocre farm system, last time I checked.

Logan White would never allow that!

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 10:38 PM)
I really hope it doesnt get that bad.

I hope it doesn't either. I'd love nothing more than the Sox to win the next 4 games at home, and then 4-3 in Minnesota and New York, and 4-2 when they get back home against Texas and Toronto. That would put the Sox at 47-38 at the break. That's a legit record for a contending team.

But if they're under .500 at the break, and then go 4-6 on the roadtrip after the break, and are in 3rd place, screw it. It's over, and should be.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 09:41 PM)
I hope it doesn't either. I'd love nothing more than the Sox to win the next 4 games at home, and then 4-3 in Minnesota and New York, and 4-2 when they get back home against Texas and Toronto. That would put the Sox at 47-38 at the break. That's a legit record for a contending team.

But if they're under .500 at the break, and then go 4-6 on the roadtrip after the break, and are in 3rd place, screw it. It's over, and should be.

You are always looking so far ahead with regards to the records and the schedule...haven't you watched baseball enough to know it doesn't work like the NBA and the NFL?

Edited by iamshack