KW whining about (OK bringing up) attendance again

chisoxfan09

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 09:30 PM)
I knew exactly what you meant. No need to explain. George Carlin's quote did apply though.

Yes, I think it did too. Which is the reason you should drink.

There is a great Sinatra quote which also applies.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 10:27 PM)
I stopped arguing his original post when I originally responded to it.

This whole argument has been if they had money for Soler they have money for an upgrade or 2. You argued that isn't the case. Fine. When they acquire someone your apology will be accepted as long as its sincere.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 10:32 PM)
Yes, I think it did too. Which is the reason you should drink.

There is a great Sinatra quote which also applies.

I dont want to drink thank you very much. I just think your entire argument was pointless,called out people and had absolutely no evidence to support it. All of this combined made you look like a fool.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 10:34 PM)
This whole argument has been if they had money for Soler they have money for an upgrade or 2. You argued that isn't the case. Fine. When they acquire someone your apology will be accepted as long as its sincere.

That has not been my argument.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 10:34 PM)
I dont want to drink thank you very much. I just think your entire argument was pointless,called out people and had absolutely no evidence to support it. All of this combined made you look like a fool.

There is plenty of evidence to support it. You just choose to ignore this.

And whether you believe me to be a fool or not is of no consequence to me, Baron.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 10:36 PM)
There is plenty of evidence to support it. You just choose to ignore this.

And whether you believe me to be a fool or not is of no consequence to me, Baron.

Really where is the evidence then? I had evidence backing my argument up. I want to see yours.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 10:37 PM)
Really where is the evidence then? I had evidence backing my argument up. I want to see yours.

You do not have any evidence whatsoever. That continues to be one of the reasons why we don't agree.

I've already stated what my evidence is, and if you want to know what that is, you can go back and re-read the thread. I think it would be beneficial for you for other reasons anyway.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 10:35 PM)
That has not been my argument.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 09:17 PM)

I just don't understand how you could be a CPA and not see the different budgets that are in play here. I am sure each area has a budget and they try to stay within those budgets. Signing Soler would probably come out of a different budget than the one intended for making in-season acquisitions. I know our Organization gets creative with money, and will pull from one area to another and vice versa, but I am not sure what you would have them do.

Signing Soler is probably based on payrolls in the future and not necessarily money they have right now from which to draw against.

How could you possibly not get your mind around that as an accountant?

First Base Coach

Group: Members

Member No.: 385

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 09:35 PM)

First of all we don't even know they made an offer on Soler.

Secondly, I am sure the investors of the Club have money they can pull from when it is necessary. That does not mean it is considered generally available rather than utilizing traditional revenue sources such as gate revenues.

You guys are both being incredible.

This is not a publicly traded corporation, it's a freaking privately owned baseball franchise.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 10:38 PM)
You do not have any evidence whatsoever. That continues to be one of the reasons why we don't agree.

I've already stated what my evidence is, and if you want to know what that is, you can go back and re-read the thread. I think it would be beneficial for you for other reasons anyway.

DA and I posted the source for our argument. Its right there all written down. You can view it at any time if you wish.

Great so no evidence at all.You havent supplied any throughout this entire thread.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 10:40 PM)
QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 09:17 PM)

I just don't understand how you could be a CPA and not see the different budgets that are in play here. I am sure each area has a budget and they try to stay within those budgets. Signing Soler would probably come out of a different budget than the one intended for making in-season acquisitions. I know our Organization gets creative with money, and will pull from one area to another and vice versa, but I am not sure what you would have them do.

Signing Soler is probably based on payrolls in the future and not necessarily money they have right now from which to draw against.

How could you possibly not get your mind around that as an accountant?

First Base Coach

Group: Members

Member No.: 385

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 09:35 PM)

First of all we don't even know they made an offer on Soler.

Secondly, I am sure the investors of the Club have money they can pull from when it is necessary. That does not mean it is considered generally available rather than utilizing traditional revenue sources such as gate revenues.

You guys are both being incredible.

This is not a publicly traded corporation, it's a freaking privately owned baseball franchise.

BURN!!!

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 10:40 PM)
DA and I posted the source for our argument. Its right there all written down. You can view it at any time if you wish.

Great so no evidence at all.You havent supplied any throughout this entire thread.

He doesn't need evidence. He's shack. He's lighting us up.

Dick, I see you are having trouble quoting the posts, so I will respond here.

I certainly am not denying that is a point of the argument, but it certainly is not the whole argument.

I would characterize the "whole" argument as being that simply because Kenny has said that the attendance is hurting his ability to make in-season acquisitions does not mean other money does not exist, or that an acquisition may not be forthcoming, or that he is necessarily lying if said acquisitions were to be made.

I certainly would argue that Soler and our financial position going forward this season are not necessarily linked, which does seem to be one of the arguments you are making.

We have been having this very same argument far before either you or I even knew who Soler was.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 10:40 PM)

I'm sorry you don't have the ability to read a large passage of information and extract the critical information from it.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 10:43 PM)
Yeah I know...I just dont have the same grasp on life that he does. The all knowing shack.

Really, I do appreciate that you both have resorted to "ganging up" on me. This wouldn't be entertaining enough for me to continue if it weren't for the both of you.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 10:45 PM)
I'm sorry you don't have the ability to read a large passage of information and extract the critical information from it.

You still cant deliver. How unfortunate.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 10:47 PM)
Honestly, just because you are too lazy to go back and re-read the thread doesn't make you any less wrong, Baron.

I actually read the entire argument right before I posted the first time as I always do. Like I said there is no evidence for your arguments.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 10:44 PM)
Dick, I see you are having trouble quoting the posts, so I will respond here.

I certainly am not denying that is a point of the argument, but it certainly is not the whole argument.

I would characterize the "whole" argument as being that simply because Kenny has said that the attendance is hurting his ability to make in-season acquisitions does not mean other money does not exist, or that an acquisition may be forthcoming, or that he is necessarily lying if said acquisitions were to be made.

I certainly would argue that Soler and our financial position going forward this season are not necessarily linked, which does seem to be one of the arguments you are making.

We have been having this very same argument far before either you or I even knew who Soler was.

My argument all along tonight has been if they have money for Soler, they have money to add to this year's roster, and I don't like KW using Sox fans as a pawn when asked about finances. He can cry poor all he wants, a lot of teams do, but don't imply it has anything to do with attendance. He really tried not to, I'll give him that, but in the end, he said it was a factor.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 21, 2012 -> 10:48 PM)
I actually read the entire argument right before I posted the first time as I always do. Like I said there is no evidence for your arguments.

There certainly is. I'll give you a hint, despite the continued assertions that "I always do" this and that.

I'll give you a hint: All you have to do is look at the payroll versus attendance and the performance of the team over the course of that last 7 years and you can see all the evidence you need.