Humber DL, Fukudome DFA, Bruney recalled

WHarris1

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jun 22, 2012 -> 01:13 PM)
Humber to the DL with a Bruised Ego.

Given the current rotation situation, that doesn't make much any sense. I'm assuming Axelrod will be the starter. They can't possibly think it is Stewart? Any idea on the recovery period from a sprained flexor. I'm curious if this just came up or if he had been pitching through it for a while.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 22, 2012 -> 01:31 PM)
I don't wish injury on anyone and hope Humber recovers, but unless this issue is what is responsible for his performance as of late, this is addition by subtraction.

I'm thinking this "injury" is a result of his poor performance rather than vice versa :)

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 22, 2012 -> 01:39 PM)
Sounds like Humber is going to be on the DL for a while. So were 2 starters down. We need one ASAP.

I don't know why they would have made it retroactive if they thought his stay would be prolonged...

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jun 22, 2012 -> 03:11 PM)
REBUILD

I think sox sould look to the future a lil bit. It's gonna be tough to keep up with cle and det with this mess

Yeah Cleveland and Detroit(team behind us) really are world beaters. Tough to keep up with them. Have you been watching this division?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 22, 2012 -> 03:30 PM)
I don't know why they would have made it retroactive if they thought his stay would be prolonged...

Thats what I heard. Take it for what its worth.Wouldnt surprise me if it was a longer stay.

Fine with the DL and DFA, but really? Bruney? There wasn't ANYONE better to call up? He's proven he's AAAA. He could be dominating in Charlotte and his fastball is 95, but when he gets to Chicago it'll wind up being 92 and very hittable.

I literally would have preferred ANYONE else to Bruney with even a lick of stuff.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 22, 2012 -> 03:24 PM)
Given the current rotation situation, that doesn't make much any sense. I'm assuming Axelrod will be the starter. They can't possibly think it is Stewart? Any idea on the recovery period from a sprained flexor. I'm curious if this just came up or if he had been pitching through it for a while.

Didn't Stewart just get DFA'd?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 22, 2012 -> 11:10 PM)
Demoted.

Why can no one get it through their skulls Stewart is a 24 year old who should be starting in AAA to develop pitches. Christ.

What's with the Christ? This is a meaningless message board. Relax.

As far as Zach, I can get what you wrote through my skull.

He's where he belongs right now. AAA. Keep him off a big league mound until he has the ability to get a few big league hitters out.