Sox. Brewers. Gamethread.

Kyyle23

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 23, 2012 -> 07:11 PM)
Wouldn't that be because 7 of the 9 hitters in the everyday lineup got hot at the same time (besides Alexei and Hudson)

Making pitchers have to throw strikes to our 9 hitter had to be worth something. I also think Brent's defense was about a net equal to Hudson's. Hudson's failures look a bit more spectacular but Morel wasn't making any plays at all in addition to some easy errors.

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 12:12 AM)
Getting a professional at bat out of the 9 hole and suddenly having a 3b who was getting to balls made a big difference too.

And couldn't you also point to Hudson's defense though as helping to put this team in a slump? Also, I don't believe the Sox have won a series since the banner was changed :)

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 23, 2012 -> 07:12 PM)
When's the last time PK pulled a ball with authority? Seems like he just can't get the barrel on it these days when he tries to pull it.

His at bats make it seem like he's trying to get out of that batter's box as quickly as possible

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 23, 2012 -> 07:13 PM)
And couldn't you also point to Hudson's defense though as helping to put this team in a slump? Also, I don't believe the Sox have won a series since the banner was changed :)

f***in' Steve

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 12:13 AM)
Making pitchers have to throw strikes to our 9 hitter had to be worth something. I also think Brent's defense was about a net equal to Hudson's. Hudson's failures look a bit more spectacular but Morel wasn't making any plays at all in addition to some easy errors.

Trust me, I would have been pointing out if Morel's poor defense cost us 3 wins like I believe Hudson's defense has. Morel's D was mediocre, but I still believe Hudson's defense has killed this team at times. It is frustrating that Escobar didn't get another start after being a catalyst in his last game.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 23, 2012 -> 08:14 PM)
Trust me, I would have been pointing out if Morel's poor defense cost us 3 wins like I believe Hudson's defense has. Morel's D was mediocre, but I still believe Hudson's defense has killed this team at times. It is frustrating that Escobar didn't get another start after being a catalyst in his last game.

I'll bet if I really looked I could find plenty of posts by you saying that Morel's D was killing us. Because it was. He couldn't make the simple plays.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 12:16 AM)
I'll bet if I really looked I could find plenty of posts by you saying that Morel's D was killing us. Because it was. He couldn't make the simple plays.

I can't recall specific game-changing plays though. I'm sure I'm forgetting some though, as his offense overshadowed his defense :)

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 23, 2012 -> 07:18 PM)
I can't recall specific game-changing plays though. I'm sure I'm forgetting some though, as his offense overshadowed his defense :)

But we can also remember game changing positive plays by Hudson's D as well. He saved a game in Tampa, for instance

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 01:27 AM)
That was pure f***ing power.

Indeed, it's crazy how much opposite field power he has. He barely hit that offspeed pitch, and got it out. Rios cranked that fastball to right field, and couldn't even reach the warning track.