Jamie Moyer Thread

elrockinMT

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 10:14 PM)
Unless Danks is done for the year, the Sox aren't trading for starting pitching.

Probably no trades is corrct that's why I think they might at least kick Moyer's tires. They might be flat for sure but who knows?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 03:23 PM)
Well, Charlotte needs another starting pitcher now that Zach Stewart is gone.

I, for one, would like to see them stretch out Hector ASAP. Whether we acquire another arm or not.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 12:21 PM)
I can agree with this. Hopefully Detroit or Cleveland. William Tell is the Paul Konerko of posters.

Thanks for the props Dick Allen! Being compared to Paul Konerko outside running and GIDP is a great thing!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 01:58 PM)
Why does everybody act like the AL is so superior? Who has been winning the WS lately? Who is kicking the Sox ass this season?? The NL. I'd sign him. Why not?

AL was up by 32 games head to head again this year going into today.................The AL has won battle about every year since interleague play started. AL is a way better offensive league. Pitchers era's are higher in the AL over the NL.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 01:58 PM)
Why does everybody act like the AL is so superior? Who has been winning the WS lately? Who is kicking the Sox ass this season?? The NL. I'd sign him. Why not?

Have you ever heard of the designated hitter? Because the pitcher doesn't bat, it is harder to pitch in the AL than the NL. Every year, pitchers in the NL have lower ERAs because of this DH phenomenon.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 02:58 PM)

Final Interleague Total:

AL- 142

NL- 110

And 142-110 is a VERY significant disparity that translates to 91 victories for the average AL team, were they to play a full NL schedule. And that total will win divisions many times.

In other words, a perfectly average AL team is a legit contender in the NL, if interleague sample size is sufficient.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 06:41 PM)
And 142-110 is a VERY significant disparity that translates to 91 victories for the average AL team, were they to play a full NL schedule. And that total will win divisions many times.

In other words, a perfectly average AL team is a legit contender in the NL, if interleague sample size is sufficient.

The last two WS champs would say the AL isn't all that special.

Perhaps you could find a statistics professor at KU to explain to you why a sample size of 504 games over the past two years is more significant than a sample size of 12 games.

Edited by HickoryHuskers

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 02:09 PM)
Perhaps you could find a statistics professor at KU to explain to you why a sample size of 504 games over the past two years is more significant than a sample size of 12 games.

Thanks for saving me the trouble, DoubleH.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 01:41 PM)

And since the AL Central went 45-45, the AL West and East teams combined for 97-65 in the other 162 games.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 06:26 AM)
Have you ever heard of the designated hitter? Because the pitcher doesn't bat, it is harder to pitch in the AL than the NL. Every year, pitchers in the NL have lower ERAs because of this DH phenomenon.

That's obviously the bigger issue. Even if the NL had better teams than the AL in a given year, it would still be easier to pitch in the NL.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 02:31 PM)

The AL as a whole can be much better than the NL as a whole but still lose to an NL team in a best-of-7 series.

Were you really unaware of the ERA discrepancy between the two leagues?

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 09:09 PM)

Call Les Grobstein's show and tell him the AL is way better and get ready for some fireworks.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 02:17 AM)
lol. Who put great 5th starter in 1995 in the sub-title? That's awesome. I'll give props to whomever did that as long as it wasn't Kalapse. He's terrible.

Whoever did it lives in the past unlike me :lolhitting