Goodbye Stealth Elf

knightni

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 06:08 AM)
Thanks for the one outlier year that caused everyone to overlook your minor league stats and believe that you were much better than you really are.

You stole these words from my brain. Get out of my head.

That really was an impressive 2011, no way you could short him on that.

QUOTE (whtsoxfan @ Jun 24, 2012 -> 11:34 PM)
White Sox fan boy reaction to Brent Lillibridge being traded to the Red Sox

Good to know what sunofgold looks like, cute kid.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 04:20 PM)
Supposing Boston does decide to get rid of him soon. Do the Sox (A) offer Boston some low level prospect to get him back (B) hope to just pick him up off waivers or © not even try to get him back at all

I would certainly bring him back if given the chance

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 04:44 PM)
You stole these words from my brain. Get out of my head.

That really was an impressive 2011, no way you could short him on that.

You are right that we can't short him for that 2011 season but wonder of all wonders some Sox fans do

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 06:36 PM)
Lord knows that .422 OPS would be huge to get back.

Let's see he can play LF-CF-RF, 1B, 2B, SS and 3B, can pinch hit and pinch run, can steal a base for you ... I think there are plenty of good reasons to like Lillibridge. I am only saying that hew can fill that super sub role well. Correct me if I am wrong but I sure don't think he had many chances to play this season. Ventura seems to like to let his reguars get the lions share of playing time. That's fine but guys like Lilli and Escobar get forgotten it seems

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 01:28 PM)
Let's see he can play LF-CF-RF, 1B, 2B, SS and 3B, can pinch hit and pinch run, can steal a base for you ... I think there are plenty of good reasons to like Lillibridge. I am only saying that hew can fill that super sub role well. Correct me if I am wrong but I sure don't think he had many chances to play this season. Ventura seems to like to let his reguars get the lions share of playing time. That's fine but guys like Lilli and Escobar get forgotten it seems

His name is Eduardo Escobar

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 01:36 PM)
Well not really. I don't think you spell it the same but what the heck why not have two super subs?

I think Eduardo and Jordan Danks can take care of all of our pinch running and outfield/infield defensive needs. Orlando Hudson can play anywhere in the infield as well and brings a fun, veteran presence to the clubhouse. We still have plenty of flexibility to bring in a guy like Dan Johnson if we really want and potentially get a bigger bat on the bench.

If Brent's hit tool was better, it would make sense to have both he and Eduardo. In Brent's current role, his batting was like an all too good Brent Morel imitation. Eduardo is younger and is hitting better off the bench (and plays far better IF defense) and the arrival of Jordan Danks begins to negate the need for Brent's defense in the OF. Youkilis allows you to pull the 1B for a PR and still get a GG-caliber 1B over there. Hudson or Escobar will man the hot corner late in some of these games as a result.

We basically just have more flexibility than we even may need on the bench at this point.

I think Lilly has some ability, but frankly doesn't have a clue.

He played so little this year I don't know what he was doing at the plate.

I assume he was trying to hit home runs as he did virtually every at bat last year when he whacked more than Adam Dunn.

It's a shame, but Lilly's ship has sailed. We'll never know if he coulda been a productive major leaguer. His approach is horrific.

somebody has to send that clip of the kid to all the morning talk shows and Yahoo. I'm sure it'd be yahoo's lead story on a slow day and I could see the talk shows feasting on this cute kid.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 12:41 PM)
I think Eduardo and Jordan Danks can take care of all of our pinch running and outfield/infield defensive needs. Orlando Hudson can play anywhere in the infield as well and brings a fun, veteran presence to the clubhouse. We still have plenty of flexibility to bring in a guy like Dan Johnson if we really want and potentially get a bigger bat on the bench.

If Brent's hit tool was better, it would make sense to have both he and Eduardo. In Brent's current role, his batting was like an all too good Brent Morel imitation. Eduardo is younger and is hitting better off the bench (and plays far better IF defense) and the arrival of Jordan Danks begins to negate the need for Brent's defense in the OF. Youkilis allows you to pull the 1B for a PR and still get a GG-caliber 1B over there. Hudson or Escobar will man the hot corner late in some of these games as a result.

We basically just have more flexibility than we even may need on the bench at this point.

The redundancy of Hudson/Escobar certainly desrves some discussion. If Youk proves to be relatively healthy, we clearly don't need both, IMO, in which case a power lefty bat like Johnson makes more sense, to me at least.

Or, do we want to keep Hudson anyway, and send down Escobar, feeling he's not too old to learn how to hit and could use the AB's. I'm thinking they'll keep both for the very near term only, and one will be moved before too long.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 11:08 AM)
<!--quoteo(post=2632337:date=Jun 25, 2012 -> 12:34 AM:name=whtsoxfan)-->
QUOTE (whtsoxfan @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 12:34 AM)
<!--quotec-->White Sox fan boy reaction to Brent Lillibridge being traded to the Red Sox

F*ck that kid. I'm glad he's crying!

Hilarious.

Awesome society we're living in.

My son is distraught over his favorite player leaving. Let's tape it and put it on youtube!