Twins. Sox. Gamethread. Part 3

Kyyle23

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Sockin @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 03:45 PM)

Holy crap, does Robin read the forum? Hahaha. I think I was the first to mention Youk should hit 2nd.

I don't like the idea of moving Beckham down to 9 (at least hit him 8th...) since he's been quite good in June, but we'll see how this works out.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 03:53 PM)
Gordon really should be staying in the 2 hole IMO. Don't mess with what has been working for him of late.

I was all for Youk hitting 7th or 8th. But hitting him second does make sense given his ability to get on base (when he is healthy). De Aza and Youk in front of Dunn and Konerko = lots of men to drive in for the latter.

wow I would rather want Youkilis in a run driving position maybe batting 6th or 7th , now we are pretty much back to square one where I wouldn't be shocked seeing Beckham duplicate what Hudson was doing as the 9th hitter.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 03:56 PM)
wow I would rather want Youkilis in a run driving position maybe batting 6th or 7th , now we are pretty much back to square one where I wouldn't be shocked seeing Beckham duplicate what Hudson was doing as the 9th hitter.

With Gordon's history of mental instability, I wouldn't be surprised if he falls back into a slump again...

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 03:55 PM)
I was all for Youk hitting 7th or 8th. But hitting him second does make sense given his ability to get on base (when he is healthy). De Aza and Youk in front of Dunn and Konerko = lots of men to drive in for the latter.

Ideally it would be great to have his OBP there in the 2 hole. However with Gordon hitting well the last two months I don't want to do anything that could put him into another funk.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 03:57 PM)
My first reaction is to not like Beckham batting 9th, but what the hell...we'll see what happens.

The bottom of the order is also an OBP black hole. Beckham's OBP is barely above .300. Viciedo and Alexei's are both 30 points above their batting average.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 02:56 PM)
With Gordon's history of mental instability, I wouldn't be surprised if he falls back into a slump again...

Which is why this lineup move surprises me a bit. Youk's gone from no-respect from BobbyV, to too-much-respect from RV in 24 hours.

Put me in the disapprove category.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 04:04 PM)
Only on Soxtalk would people complain about a guy with an OBP under .300 being moved from the 2 spot in the lineup.

FWIW, it's over .300 and he's had a .344 OBP in June.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 05:04 PM)
Only on Soxtalk would people complain about a guy with an OBP under .300 being moved from the 2 spot in the lineup.

And being replaced by...a guy with an OBP of .315 (.310 in June). Whoop!

If he's healthy and resumes his .380+ ish OBP work with power, fine, he gets on base it even screws with the Dunn shifting.