Twins. Sox. Gamethread. Part 3

Kyyle23

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 03:03 PM)
Which is why this lineup move surprises me a bit. Youk's gone from no-respect from BobbyV, to too-much-respect from RV in 24 hours.

Put me in the disapprove category.

I agree with most on here that this is a mistake by Ventura, but what do I know, Robin may look like a genius if the offense starts clicking again.

Nothing wrong with it honestly. Best hitters gotta hit first and Beckham is my favorite player, but Youk is a better hitter. Gordon will do fine and hopefully continue his streak bringing some stability to the bottom of the line-up, hell, if Alexei and Dayan turn it on that is a brutal line-up 1-9.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 04:04 PM)
Only on Soxtalk would people complain about a guy with an OBP under .300 being moved from the 2 spot in the lineup.

Well not to nitpick, but .303 - but more importantly .344 in June with an .804 OPS. But yeah move hime down to make room for the better hitter - Youk with stellar .310 obp and .630 OPS in June.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 04:20 PM)
Nothing wrong with it honestly. Best hitters gotta hit first and Beckham is my favorite player, but Youk is a better hitter. Gordon will do fine and hopefully continue his streak bringing some stability to the bottom of the line-up, hell, if Alexei and Dayan turn it on that is a brutal line-up 1-9.

Youk is not a better hitter right now.

Not going to complain too much, as this lineup is a heck of a lot better than what we started the year with. Putting a guy that has the ability to reach base a lot in the 2nd spot could work out great though. Sox have to hope Konerko starts feeling better at the plate though.

QUOTE (everafan @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 03:22 PM)
Youk is not a better hitter right now.

Not to nitpick, but it depends upon your time frame of "right now". If Sunday was an indication that Youkilis is healthy and out of his slump then Youkilis might be the better hitter "right now"

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 04:34 PM)
Not to nitpick, but it depends upon your time frame of "right now". If Sunday was an indication that Youkilis is healthy and out of his slump then Youkilis might be the better hitter "right now"

If it bears otu than fine - but 1 game isn't a sufficient sample size. Plus I like that Beckham can run a bit.

QUOTE (everafan @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 03:38 PM)
If it bears otu than fine - but 1 game isn't a sufficient sample size. Plus I like that Beckham can run a bit.

Agree 100%. Just trying to think of a justification for this.

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 04:49 PM)
Agree 100%. Just trying to think of a justification for this.

Perhaps the track records of the respective hitters?

And if Gordon is put into a slump by batting in the easiest spot in the lineup, he's never going to be an MLB player. I didn't immediately think to make the lineup this way, but I get the logic and you're going to give the guy with two rings on his hand some credit. This also doesn't disrupt the middle of the lineup where there are some mental midgets like Alex Rios, as well. Gordon got out of his slump a long time ago and it wasn't all done in the 2 hole. It's going to be okay.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 04:56 PM)
Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan

Dunn was wearing Youkilis' Red Sox game jersey [from yesterday] during his pregame workout. Added sweat to youkilis' tears.

So I assume Youk and Dunn are buddies.

Is Adam Dunn friends with everyone we acquire or something? He was friends with O-Dawg too.

Edited by chw42