Twins. Sox. Gamethread. Part 3

Kyyle23

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 12:42 AM)
Awesome. Offense better get it going soon, or we are going to head into the all-star break with absolutely no momentum.

It's one game against a red hot pitcher. With the incredibly hard schedule the rest of the way after this series, it's hard to imagine this game meaning anything with regards to momentum. If the Sox can go .500 the rest of the first half, that would be a huge victory IMO.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 07:44 PM)
Well, I'd rather his defense win us a close game instead of potentially adding on to a blowout loss

Thats great and all...except for that was yesterday.

Well, the Indians are playing just as bad or worse than we are now...

Only question is how many other teams (Royals and Twins) are back in it as well.

Liriano, Santana, Radke, Kenny Rogers, Hawkins, Rincon, Guardado, Romero...names change, but the results never seem to (barring the miracle season of 2005, stage-conducted by the Maestro of the Midway, Ozzie Guillen).

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 12:44 AM)
Only question is how many other teams (Royals and Twins) are back in it as well.

Neither are back in it, and I bet both are sellers in the next month. It's a White Sox/Tigers battle, in my opinion.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 07:44 PM)
Well, the Indians are playing just as bad or worse than we are now...

We could have a battle of mediocrity going down the stretch.