Twins. Sox. Gamethread. Part 3

Kyyle23

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunn is 2 for last 30 with 16 strikeouts.

oh please can we trade him...Him being "on pace" for however many home runs and RBI's may be a blessing in disguise, help get his contract off the books.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 09:00 AM)
He's hurting a bit, and its pretty hard to keep hitting about .380. Dan Johnson in place of Konerko would more than negate the improvement from Youkilis/Hudson.

More the body language and defensive side of things.

The question is whether 10-14 days of not playing would really help his injury or not...if he's just going to have to play through it and wait until the offseason again, so be it I guess.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 08:08 PM)
oh please can we trade him...Him being "on pace" for however many home runs and RBI's may be a blessing in disguise, help get his contract off the books.

I am so glad you are not in any high ranking position in a sports organization

That pitch Rios hit was at 96 MPH?

When has he thrown that hard since the TJ surgery? How can this kid be 1-7? I know, walks/control, but with even his diminished arsenal, 1-7? Really?

It's like when Hawk would go on and on and on about Javy having the best stuff he's ever seen for a .500 pitcher, lol. Or Gavin Floyd.

I am so glad you are not in any high ranking position in a sports organization

well, I know a lot more about the NBA than I do about baseball. I'm surprised people still want to keep Dunn though. He's just not a good hitter. a DH that can't hit. If he puts up good stats and we can sell high on him, why not do it? It's not like our championship window is so wide any way. At some point we're gonna have to rebuild.

QUOTE (kapzk @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 01:14 AM)
AJ has been striking out so much more now in important situations

1 RBI in his last 11 games, and that was on a homer. It's been 12 games for him since he had an RBI on a non-homer.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 09:11 AM)
I'd love to see Rios moved into the 3rd spot, with Youkilis batting 6th and Viciedo 7th (Dunn batting 5th). That would prevent the opposing manager from bringing in lefties to face the 1/2/3.

In which case he'd probably go into another funk.

So many question marks with this team. Can Rios really keep up his 800 OPS all season long? When will the floor drop out from underneath him?

As good an idea as any, Dunn in the 3rd spot is just not ideal at all...especially in recent weeks.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 01:15 AM)
well, I know a lot more about the NBA than I do about baseball. I'm surprised people still want to keep Dunn though. He's just not a good hitter. a DH that can't hit. If he puts up good stats and we can sell high on him, why not do it? It's not like our championship window is so wide any way. At some point we're gonna have to rebuild.

The exact reason why you jump at the chance to try and make the playoffs this year.

The exact reason why you jump at the chance to try and make the playoffs this year.

right, I didn't say trade him this year. But if he puts up 60 homers and 100 rbi's this year, his contract will look awful good to some teams and maybe we can get a few great youngins for him in the off season

A.J. is leaving, Konerko is getting old. We gotta get some young bucks for the future and we have to do it soon

Edited by RZZZA