Zack Stewart appreciation thread!

balfanman

No one has started this yet?

Well, I do appreciate his one start against the Twins last year and......and........and.......and, well, didn't he kind of save the bullpen a time or two in blowouts?

Wasn't he the one we got back when ridding ourselves of Teahen last year? That would actually be a pretty good question, Who would wind up being a bigger help at 3rd base for the rest of this year, Teahen or Youkalis? This question takes into account the possibility of ineptness and health of both of these guys.

I expected a Jake PhD dissertation here.

How could Jermaine Dye not have an appreciation thread? Probably the way things ended in 2009 with Rios, he went out rather quietly...at least it wasn't covered very thoroughly in the press as that season ended up so frustratingly.

And maybe because lots of Sox fans thought he'd still be with the ballclub perhaps. Losing Thome and Dye in one offseason really changed the complexion of the roster.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 01:24 PM)
Sox traded him back to Toronto in the offseason.

When we last played Toronto, he didn't have much in the way of numbers either.

But...DUMP CRAIN HE SUCKS

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 12:43 PM)
wasn't Zach Stewart what we had to show for Daniel Hudson?

Sort of like Nestor Molina is what we have to show for Sergio Santos.

The joy of Kenny Stanford.

What good would Santos be now for the Sox?

Just be thankful he didn't trade Addison Reed, Nathan Jones or Crain.

Well, you're considering all the money we saved NOT having to pay for Mark Teahen, lol.

We theoretically used that money on Floyd, Thornton and Crain, to keep them on the team instead of having to trade them.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 11:43 PM)

Yeah, f*** everyone else in the organization. God knows Kenny only had input for acquiring Hudson and Molina. ONLY them.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Jun 25, 2012 -> 11:43 PM)

No, Zach Stewart and a season of Edwin Jackson and dumping Teahen's entire contract. I'll never understand how some people can think that "what you have to show" for a trade is only who remains on the roster years later. You're paying for performance seasons, you're not actually owning players' lives.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 04:17 PM)
No, Zach Stewart and a season of Edwin Jackson and dumping Teahen's entire contract. I'll never understand how some people can think that "what you have to show" for a trade is only who remains on the roster years later. You're paying for performance seasons, you're not actually owning players' lives.

I like this analogy. I've never thought of it that way before.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 05:17 PM)

So in that vein you can probably also add someone like Jesse Crain who might have been traded if he couldn't dump Teahens salary.