2012 Summer Olympics Thread

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 09:36 AM)
The crazy thing is Bolt was awful out of the blocks. If he gets out quickly, he smashes his world record. Watching him close the race when he was at top speed is just amazing.

He makes three or four less steps over the course of the race.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 11:15 AM)
So I'm watching the Canadian feed of the Olympics and just saw a hilarious War of 1812 commercial, talking about how Canadians and Brits stood shoulder-to-shoulder to fight off those invading yanks.

That really was the legitimate first act of that war. Supposedly fought over trade routes, impression of sailors, forts out west...and the first thing the U.S. does after war is declared is try to conquer canada.

The men's basketball almost lost to Lithuania over the weekend? Let's hear again about how they are better than the Dream Team, lol.

On a side note, I finished a third of the Dream Team book, enjoying it, lots of call facts/insight I had never known about the players & team.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 09:36 AM)
The crazy thing is Bolt was awful out of the blocks. If he gets out quickly, he smashes his world record. Watching him close the race when he was at top speed is just amazing.

It seems like he does that in every race. He may not be the best starter, but once he hits top speed, it's all over.

Soccer isn't being held for primetime, no spoiler tag needed. The US will probably be fine. They've controlled the run of play, but s*** happens. They have a dangerous enough attack to win this, especially against such an inferior opponent.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 02:56 PM)
Rapinoe gets the equalizer for USA at 53'

Direct off a corner, quite rare. Good thing the ball went back in off that defender or the ref would have been forced to make a goal line call. The keeper blocked it back out after it crossed the line.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 03:19 PM)
Penalty shot coming up for the US after Canada hand-balls on a free kick

The hand ball call was clear, but I don't think I've ever seen the indirect free kick call on goalkeeper stalling. Usually it's a yellow card. Really bizarre.