2012 Summer Olympics Thread

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Aug 10, 2012 -> 08:06 PM)
Usain Bolt beats records while cruising. Come on now. He is the fastest human being ever. Just WATCH him run when he's actually trying. His acceleration and top speed is unmatched by anyone ever. Yohan Blake is an incredible runner and Bolt makes him look like he doesn't have a chance.

If he's in lane 5 last night, I think he runs even faster. He just flew past the guys in the lanes to his right so early last night. The most shocking thing to me is that the guy he passed right away actually got 3rd.

Kind of funny watching the US Basketball pre-game for a couple of reasons...

1) They're spending most of the time talking about the Howard trade. Even when they talk about the actual games, they'll say stuff like "Kobe is smiling, probably because he's going to play with Dwight", or "Here's Pau Gasol, who will be joined by Dwight Howard this year."

2) Their color guy just happens to be Doug Collins, the coach of one of the teams involved in the trade.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 08:19 AM)
I hate all the opening/closing ceremony BS, but I have to admit I enjoyed that show last night.

There were a few ugh moments, such as the Spice Girls and the Bee Gees knock-off, but holy s*** does GB own the planet when it comes to music.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 08:29 AM)
There were a few ugh moments, such as the Spice Girls and the Bee Gees knock-off, but holy s*** does GB own the planet when it comes to music.

When the mayor of Rio was up there with the flag, I couldn't help but chuckle imagining Daley up there, had Chicago won the bid. (You know he wouldn't have retired if they had won the bid)

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 10:52 AM)
When the mayor of Rio was up there with the flag, I couldn't help but chuckle imagining Daley up there, had Chicago won the bid. (You know he wouldn't have retired if they had won the bid)

Wasnt Daley already out of office when the bidding was finalized?

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 07:06 AM)
Olympic soccer medals:

North America 3

Asia 2

South America 1

Europe 0

How about that?

it would be a different story if the age limit to participate in the mens olympic soccer tournament wasnt set at 23. Imagine the REAL Spanish team being allowed to participate? Also the tournament in general would be so much more exciting, almost like a mini-world cup.

Edited by flippedoutpunk