2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 11:26 AM)
OKC, no. They lost in 5 against the Heat just like we did and they play sucky defense

Lakers, no. They have a ton of holes, and no bench.

Heat, maybe. It's close. We can beat them.

The Bulls aren't going to have much of a bench either considering Watson, Brewer, Korver and Asik are all likely to be gone. Taj is legit, but other than that they'll be counting on a rookie PG, Butler and a couple of vet minimum types.

Oh, and we have no idea what their star player is going to look like for the near future when he gets back from injury.

These other teams are getting better, the Bulls are losing pieces. The Heat aren't playing Mike Bibby's corpse for heavy minutes anymore and aren't leaning nearly as heavily on Joel Anthony. The Lakers just added one of the best offensive PG's in the game. The Thunder haven't added anything yet, but their 4 best players are under 24 and probably not at their peak yet.

I haven't seen any talk of the Bulls going after OJ Mayo. I wonder why, unless I'm missing something.

If I remember correctly, the Bulls tried to trade for him not too long ago, but the owner shot it down.

Now that he's a UFA, they could at least offer the MLE, instead of going after Hinrich.

It's not the superstar the Bulls need, but maybe he'll blossom after being put back in a starter's role... can't be worse than running Rip out there.

He'll certainly be worth much more than the Bulls could pay. The Bulls have been rumored to pursue Courtney Lee, but even he is said to be retained for around $34 million dollars.

Everybody good seems out of the Bulls price range. I'm starting to get worried. I hope the FO pulls out some brilliant move soon...

From what I've read, he's being offered around $7 M a season, where (if I understand correctly) the MLE is ~$5 M. That's a large gap, and I can see why he wouldn't sign, but I don't understand why I haven't seen anything about the Bulls contacting him.

They were willing to trade for him in the past, couldn't they offer up a sign and trade? I get the owner of the Grizzlies hates the Bulls, but is he stupid enough to not even consider this?

I'm a fan of Mayo from college, so I want to see him here, maybe this is just my dumb ass idea to get him here, and overrating him.

QUOTE (SexiAlexei @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 05:44 PM)
From what I've read, he's being offered around $7 M a season, where (if I understand correctly) the MLE is ~$5 M. That's a large gap, and I can see why he wouldn't sign, but I don't understand why I haven't seen anything about the Bulls contacting him.

They were willing to trade for him in the past, couldn't they offer up a sign and trade? I get the owner of the Grizzlies hates the Bulls, but is he stupid enough to not even consider this?

I'm a fan of Mayo from college, so I want to see him here, maybe this is just my dumb ass idea to get him here, and overrating him.

Yes, the Bulls could attempt to sign and trade for him but you'd have to give them something to make it worth while, since the Grizz would have to take salary on in the process.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 05:37 PM)
Steve Kyler ‏@stevekylerNBA

RT @VALANTIS_X: any chance bulls get both lee & billups? ---> hearing CLee has an offer from Houston for $32 mill... Bulls can't get close

Billups reportedly back to the Clippers.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 5, 2012 -> 10:55 PM)
He's running out of options I hear.

He still wouldn't have to extend here. He can still be a free agent in one season. The Bulls are still too conservative to risk it.

Dwight to the Bulls ended long ago. He'll probably toil in Golden State for a season and wind up signing a free agent deal with some team that annoys me.