2012-2013 NBA thread

Oh, and somebody needs to tell Rose that not wanting to recruit because you believe/don't want to disrespect your teammates isn't really accomplishing anything. You've got a torn ACL to recover from and multiple superteams to deal with. It might not mean anything. But yes, if a superstar, or even a f***ing all-star, is out there somewhere, make it known that you WANT him. The guy did win an MVP at 22, and I would imagine that gives him some clout. Don't worry about hurting Deng or Noah's feelings.

Grrrr, f*** that s***! I'd rather be a fan of this team of scrappy hard workers with integrity than be a fan of some whiny coward b**** superstar that recruits players over twitter and acts like a clown

Besides, it's not in Rose's personality to do that. You can't just ask a guy to change his personality.

Edited by RZZZA

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think people underestimate the skills of...

godfather.jpg

Gar Forman has the personality of a cuttlefish. Y'all see how primmadonnas like dwight are, you really think most star players would want Tommy "They call me Mister" Thibs as their coach playing them for an ungodly amount of minutes and constantly yelling just so you guys can have an awesome regular season?

Just because Rose doesn't recruit in public and we haven't landed a "big fish"...this does not mean Derrick doesn't do anything to help bring in top players. His only chance to recruit so far would have been guys like LeBron or Dwyane, who he really didn't know. We haven't been major players due to our cap since that season. He won't be recruiting the likes of Dwight unless instructed to by the front office.

Also, there are players that won't want to play with Thibs, but it has nothing to do with minutes and everything to do with the required effort.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 7, 2012 -> 10:03 AM)
If only. I remember he JUST signed an extension last year. 4 more years left on his contract.

He has an opt out clause that would make him a FA after 2 more seasons. I would love Love on this team, he's far and beyond my fav none Bulls player in the league.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Jul 7, 2012 -> 12:17 AM)
i think people underestimate the skills of...

godfather.jpg

Gar Forman has the personality of a cuttlefish. Y'all see how primmadonnas like dwight are, you really think most star players would want Tommy "They call me Mister" Thibs as their coach playing them for an ungodly amount of minutes and constantly yelling just so you guys can have an awesome regular season?

At the very least you could not prove that Heat fans are morons. Please post the evidence that Thibs played his starters more than other head coaches including the champs. Thanks in advance.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 7, 2012 -> 12:30 PM)

He's also the only Bull in the top 40 for minutes per game. Ungodly.

Noah comes in at #67. Unbelievable how many minutes Thibs played his starters just to dominate the regular season.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 7, 2012 -> 12:33 PM)
He's also the only Bull in the top 40 for minutes per game. Ungodly.

Noah comes in at #67. Unbelievable how many minutes Thibs played his starters just to dominate the regular season.

wasn't boozer the only player that was healthy for the whole season?

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 7, 2012 -> 12:27 AM)
Just because Rose doesn't recruit in public and we haven't landed a "big fish"...this does not mean Derrick doesn't do anything to help bring in top players. His only chance to recruit so far would have been guys like LeBron or Dwyane, who he really didn't know. We haven't been major players due to our cap since that season. He won't be recruiting the likes of Dwight unless instructed to by the front office.

Also, there are players that won't want to play with Thibs, but it has nothing to do with minutes and everything to do with the required effort.

Rose has flat out stated he doesn't recruit.

Ray Allen to the Heat at the price makes the NBA kinda laughable. If this is the way of the NBA the next many seasons, count me out. Why not just have every good player go to Miami and play for the league minimum?

Pat Riley and his beaches are making a mockery of the sport I love.

Thank God for the White Sox and the Bears and the Blackhawks.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 7, 2012 -> 12:59 PM)
Ray Allen to the Heat at the price makes the NBA kinda laughable. If this is the way of the NBA the next many seasons, count me out. Why not just have every good player go to Miami and play for the league minimum?

Pat Riley and his beaches are making a mockery of the sport I love.

Thank God for the White Sox and the Bears and the Blackhawks.

Didn't work out so well for Malone and Payton in LA.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 7, 2012 -> 02:00 PM)
Aka you have no leg to stand on

i don't always watch bulls basketball but when i do, i read the reactions on soxtalk and see how many times you guys complain of Thibs leaving players in for abnormal amounts of time from the beginning of the season till the game D Rose lost his knee.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 6, 2012 -> 05:20 PM)
I'm like 99% sure you can't trade a guy once he signs an offer sheet.

You are right. But he hasn't signed anything officially until the 11th or 13th. I forget which, so technically, the Bulls can trade him still.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2012 -> 02:53 PM)
You are right. But he hasn't signed anything officially until the 11th or 13th. I forget which, so technically, the Bulls can trade him still.

realllllllllyyyy

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 7, 2012 -> 01:57 PM)
realllllllllyyyy

Until he actually signs the offer, the Bulls can trade him. Once he signs, then at that point the clock to match actually starts, and during that time the Bulls can't trade him. They also can't trade him to the Rockets.

Edit: Jake, gotcha. My misinterpretation.

:lol: I have wiped my tears away now

In other nudes, I feel like someone would jump on this. At this point, we could even trade him to the Rockets right? If they're the highest bidder by far they could save a ton of money by trading for him instead.