2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 12:55 PM)
In current structure of deal, Orlando gets Brook Lopez, Damion James, Shelden Williams, Luke Walton and 3 or 4 1st rounders, sources tell Y!

So a bunch of garbage and 3 or 4 first rounders.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 12:57 PM)
So a bunch of garbage and 3 or 4 first rounders.

Which most likely will be garbage because the Nets will be good, so it isnt as if you are getting lottery

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 01:04 PM)
Which most likely will be garbage because the Nets will be good, so it isnt as if you are getting lottery

We'll see what other teams are kicking in 1sts, but yeah, it's garbage.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 07:04 PM)
We'll see what other teams are kicking in 1sts, but yeah, it's garbage.

Cleveland apparently will only take lopez if they are also getting a 1st, so they aren't going to be giving up a 1st. But yeah, Orlando, who wouldn't want an average center and 3 bad bench players for chances at FOUR MORE bad bench players!?!?!

Christ, I hate the lakers but i'd rather take Bynum and no crappy 1st round picks than just a bunch of garbage players plus a solid starter.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 01:55 PM)
In current structure of deal, Orlando gets Brook Lopez, Damion James, Shelden Williams, Luke Walton and 3 or 4 1st rounders, sources tell Y!

I can't believe those salaries could work

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 12:45 PM)
Jeez, Richardson is actually an ok fit for that team. Wow, the f***ing Nets are going to be damn good.

PG Deron Williams

SG Joe Johnson

SF Jason Richardson

PF Gerald Wallace

C Dwight Howard

as annoying as howard has been(and it sucks he didnt want to come here), i still would rather have them, or anyone else, beat the heat. i hate lebron/wade and the heat more than any team

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 01:38 PM)
I can't believe those salaries could work

It works because of sign-and-trades of Lopez and Humphries. I'm sure those two will get signed-and-traded for whatever the lowest total is that makes the trade work for Brooklyn (something like a lol-worthy $22 mil) so they can take Dwight and Richardson.

Orlando then dumps Humphries on Cleveland (who is under the cap so they can absorb salary) with Marshon Brooks being the sweetner for helping facilitate it, and Orlando gets back a $6 million expiring deal.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 01:56 PM)
as annoying as howard has been(and it sucks he didnt want to come here), i still would rather have them, or anyone else, beat the heat. i hate lebron/wade and the heat more than any team

I find this team far more annoying. Pat Riley legitimately convinced Lebron and Bosh to sign there as free agents. Dwight/Brooklyn is strong-arming Orlando into taking a horse-s*** deal for their superstar because he refuses to sign an extension anywhere else.

Side-note: if I'm an Eastern Conference team with cap space, I'm making a qualifying offer on Lopez or Humphries to blow this s*** up. They can't be traded once that happens, meaning Brooklyn would have no hope of completing the deal.

They'd deserve it too since they seem to be trying to give Orlando as little as possible. They gave away a lottery pick that would have been a nice piece for a pending free agent, and they used all of their contracts to acquire Joe Johnson.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 01:07 PM)
Side-note: if I'm an Eastern Conference team with cap space, I'm making a qualifying offer on Lopez or Humphries to blow this s*** up. They can't be traded once that happens, meaning Brooklyn would have no hope of completing the deal.

They'd deserve it too since they seem to be trying to give Orlando as little as possible. They gave away a lottery pick that would have been a nice piece for a pending free agent, and they used all of their contracts to acquire Joe Johnson.

The Bulls should do that. Make an Asik-sized offer on Lopez.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 01:45 PM)
They literally can't. They cannot offer more than the $5 million MLE, and that's if Asik isn't extended.

Forgot about stupid rules in my anger towards NJ

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 02:07 PM)

I wish someone had some balls.

The Clippers are the next team trying to help out.

According to sources the Nets would receive Howard, Jason Richardson, Chris Duhon and Earl Clark in the proposed deal. The Magic would get Brook Lopez, Luke Walton, Damion James, Shelden Williams, Armon Johnson and three first-round picks -- two from the Nets and a lottery protected first from the Clippers. The Cavs would get Kris Humphries, Quentin Richardson, Sundiata Gaines, a first round pick from the Nets and three million in cash. The Clippers would receive MarShon Brooks.

Further hurdles exist in that Lopez, Humphries, James, Williams, Johnson and Gaines would all have to agree to sign-and-trades to move them.

Sources told ESPN.com that the complicated deal was getting "close."

As part of their due diligence the Nets and Magic have exchanged medical information on Howard, who had back surgery, and Lopez, who had foot surgery, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher.

again, that makes 1st rounders from the Nets and the Clippers, neither of whom will be close to the lottery in the next 4 seasons if this trade happens. I know orlando is trying to get something, but this is just a huge pile of s***. The owner needs to flog himself for buying into Dwights change of heart last season

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 03:40 PM)
again, that makes 1st rounders from the Nets and the Clippers, neither of whom will be close to the lottery in the next 4 seasons if this trade happens. I know orlando is trying to get something, but this is just a huge pile of s***. The owner needs to flog himself for buying into Dwights change of heart last season

Why not go after Bynum. You might not be able to resign him but at least he's a stud center and he wants to be "the guy".

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 06:07 PM)
Why not go after Bynum. You might not be able to resign him but at least he's a stud center and he wants to be "the guy".

Think Bynum's attitude could throw up a red flag. Just a guess.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 04:15 PM)
Think Bynum's attitude could throw up a red flag. Just a guess.

It might throw up a red flag, but its significantly better then the heap of garbage they'd be getting from the Nets and the other teams involved. The guy was the best center in the NBA this past year and is incredibly young. He's got issues but he's a bonafide superstar.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 06:40 PM)
It might throw up a red flag, but its significantly better then the heap of garbage they'd be getting from the Nets and the other teams involved. The guy was the best center in the NBA this past year and is incredibly young. He's got issues but he's a bonafide superstar.

Hes not going to want to stick around in Orlando, and they will end up getting nothing at all for Howard. At least with the proposed deal out there they have a CHANCE to hit on a draft pick, which is more than having one pointless season of Andrew Bynum then nothing.