2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 11:38 AM)
I'm hoping its a trade exemption and a pick. Bulls might then be able to use that exemption to ink OJ Mayo.

Couple years too late on OJ. He won't end up starting here (at least not this year) and we've seen how ineffective he is when he doesn't get starter's minutes.

Only when his primary backup dislocated his elbow *shrug*

And what if Kirk gets hurt? Thibs will have his choice between a 19 year old unproven rookie and a 6 year veteran of the NBA in Ridnour. *shrug*

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 09:40 AM)
Couple years too late on OJ. He won't end up starting here (at least not this year) and we've seen how ineffective he is when he doesn't get starter's minutes.

I refuse to give up on him. I still think he's a valuable player who can be productive in this league. Plus, while he isn't a true point, he could log some minutes there while Teague is developing (and if Kirk/Teague get hurt). Plus he can knock down the outside shot and play the 2, which is a position of need for the Bulls anyway. I still think Mayo is a really good fit on this squad.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 11:40 AM)
And what if Kirk gets hurt? Thibs will have his choice between a 19 year old unproven rookie and a 6 year veteran of the NBA in Ridnour. *shrug*

Well, lets just hope for luck like you tell us to do with everything else basketball related

We should always hope for luck but it's doesn't hurt to be prepared. We do still need another PG on this roster. And given the choice between Malcolm Lee and Luke Ridnour, I'll take Ridnour 9 times out of 10

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 11:44 AM)
We should always hope for luck but it's doesn't hurt to be prepared. We do still need another PG on this roster. And given the choice between Malcolm Lee and Luke Ridnour, I'll take Ridnour 9 times out of 10

like i said, i hope you are wrong

"11:13am: According to Michael Cunningham of the Atlanta Journal Constitution, the Hawks had interest in Korver, but it appears he's "likely" heading to the Timberwolves in a trade. The T-Wolves need to clear some cap space for other moves they've lined up, so I wonder if they intend to trade guaranteed salary for Korver's non-guaranteed deal."

Taking Ridnour's 2 years and $8 mil left on his contract would be epically stupid. That would commit the Bulls to $8 mil in salary to three backup point guards for the next 2 years when they're already giving the starter a max deal. They would have used basically every asset they have this off-season to add to that position while removing players from what was already their shallowest/weakest positions (wing players, especially SG). You'd basically be down to three guys on the wing, 2 of which have proven to be highly injury prone.

There's no SG on the Wolves roster that are good, that we could get.

The choice is either 2 unproven rookies (who so far haven't been good), Luke Ridnour or Chase Budinger on a 1 year rental, or perhaps a back up center in case we let Asik walk.

They got Brad Miller on a 1 year $5 mill or Darko Milicic on a 2 year $5 million

Darko Milicic is horrible

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 12:18 PM)
There's no SG on the Wolves roster that are good, that we could get.

The choice is either 2 unproven rookies (who so far haven't been good), Luke Ridnour or Chase Budinger on a 1 year rental, or perhaps a back up center in case we let Asik walk.

They got Brad Miller on a 1 year $5 mill or Darko Milicic on a 2 year $5 million

Darko Milicic is horrible

They're the Timberwolves. They're all horrible.

Most likely they're going to take a body like Ellington and save a little money.

@WojYahooNBA

Brooklyn's fully guaranteed the first 4 years, $58M of a max deal offer for Brook Lopez, sources tell Y! Sides still discussing 5th year.

@WojYahooNBA

This is Brooklyn's way to stave off Lopez signing an offer sheet elsewhere, and crushing a sign-and-trade possibility for Dwight Howard.

@WojYahooNBA

The Nets can have more flexibility with the guarantees on a 5th year of a max deal, because no team can offer Lopez more than four years.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

He makes under a mill. But reports indicate the Wolves are looking to shed salary by trading guaranteed contracts and taking on unguaranteed contracts. Not seeing how it makes sense to trade Budinger for Korver in that case...

Edited by RZZZA