2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Jul 20, 2012 -> 01:22 PM)
Soccer needs ads all over the place since theres no commercials until half time. Basketball though? Its like the only sport where 45 seconds can turn into 15 minutes.

How do you think they can afford to pay Asik $15 million a year? The poor NBA needs this.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 20, 2012 -> 01:37 PM)
If there's one thing I liked about American sports definitively over European sports, it's that the jersey remains/remained unstained.

Don't do this NBA.

And once the NBA does it, the NFL and NHL will follow quickly, with MLB lagging years behind as usual.

I liked the sports of American sports and the players. They could play in mcdonald character costumes and I wouldn't much mind.

Hey, there's a lot of meaningful history behind some of these jerseys. You can't just go messing with it all willy nilly.

all willy nilly!

Edited by RZZZA

I think placement under the number is about as far as they should go. Nothing should be on the front of the jersey.

It's absolutely stupid to plaster a gigantic Samsung, AON, or Fly Emirates logo bigger than your team name on your jerseys. Soccer's doing it all wrong.

Stern says it will bring in 100 million in league revenue a year. Considering there's 30 teams in the NBA, that's just over 3 million per team. Thats really not that much at all. Definitely not worth it to look like the WNBA.

Edited by lasttriptotulsa

Soccer teams have been doing it for years and years so it kinda just fits now, but yeah, it would look absolutely disgusting on NBA jerseys.

I wish it could be optional because they may even fit perfectly fine on a bobcats jersey, for example, but absolutely butcher a classic jersey like the Bulls or celtics. Unfortunately, knowing jerry...

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jul 20, 2012 -> 08:56 PM)
Any Purdue fans here?? Apparently E'Twaun Moore expects to be a Bull. I don't know anything about him, I seem to remember some of you guys wanting the Bulls to draft him last year. He didnt get a lot of minutes in Boston, was that just because he was a rookie?

I like Moore and I wanted the bulls to draft him. Maybe could be a very poor mans Wade.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 01:28 AM)
I like Moore and I wanted the bulls to draft him. Maybe could be a very poor mans Wade.

His game isn't anything like Wade's. Moore relies on his jumper to score, he wasn't even able to get to the basket on a consistent basis at the college level.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 09:04 AM)
His game isn't anything like Wade's. Moore relies on his jumper to score, he wasn't even able to get to the basket on a consistent basis at the college level.

His game is absolutely like Wades, hes just not nearly as athletic.

Coach Matt Painter uses Moore in a number of ways offensively in attempts to free him for shots, and Moore has shown to be a versatile shot-maker, capable of being run off screens or spotting up for catch-and-and shoot opportunities, or as the ball-handler in isolation or pick-and-roll sets. He plays at a nice pace and has a smoothness about his game, utilizing pump fakes, changing speeds, and an effective step back dribble that he uses to create space for his jump shot.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz21HFL1Zuy

http://www.draftexpress.com

Now the reason why Moore is not Wade and why I said a very poor mans Wade is due to his lack of athleticism.

Moore's lack of physical tools is more evident on dribble penetration. He has noticeably improved his handle over his four years at Purdue, but he lacks the explosive first step to blow by his man. He is crafty enough to find ways to score in the lane at the college level, shooting a respectable 55% on shot attempts in the basket area, but his lack of size and elevation would be more of an issue in trying to finish over longer, more athletic defenders in the NBA.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz21HFcKnEv

-E'Twaun Moore grades out well statistically, as his 1.0 PPP overall ranks fourth of all wings, and he's doing it on an impressive 17.6 possessions per game. Moore is the most sure-handed of all wings, as his 9.2% TO% is easily best in the class, especially for someone using that many possessions.

Moore is excellent in the pick-and-roll, where his 0.97 PPP ranks second overall. Moore's 7.7 jump shots per game are third most in the class, though his 1.0 PPS on them ranks just eighth. He makes a solid 40% of his 3.8 catch and shoot jumpers per game (4th), and 38% of his pull-ups (4th).

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz21HGTr3yP

When you watch Moore play, you will see a lot of Wade's game, hes just not nearly as athletic, which means that instead of a dunk or layup, Moore has to pull up on the pick & roll.

And for a college stat comparison:

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/compare?a...1=e-twaun-moore

If you look at the radar report at the end, you can see even more the comparison. Once again, no one is saying that Moore is Wade, just that if you have never seen Moore play, a current NBA player that he has a similar game to is Wade.

(edit)

Who do you think is a better comparison?

Edited by Soxbadger

I hope they still get Belinelli, and Moore, and ship Rip for whatever they can. Then grab Stiemsma to back up at C.

Hinrich/Teague

Belinelli/Moore

Deng/Butler

Boozer/Taj

Noah/Stiemsma

The bench is VERY young but in whats considered a write off year thats ok, and it'd be nice to inject some more youth into the team. The bench would once again be very tough on defense, have fun scoring on a Teague-Butler-Deng-Taj-Stiemsma 2nd unit.

If Moore doesn't cut it then when Rose comes back you give Kirk the backup SG spot.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 02:11 PM)
I would like having a former Wisconsin player on the team.

Though in a perfect would it would have been Jon Leuer.

Didn't he just get released, or rumors are he's about to?? I wouldn't mind either at the back up C position.

EDIT: Cav's got him off waivers. I want Stiemsma!

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

Leuer doesnt play Center, he is kind of a 3 in a 4's body. Didnt get to see him play a ton, but he had a really good game against the bulls that showed he has some talent. I think hell really benefit from NBA rules as the extra step on the dribble made him look a lot more explosive.