2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hes better than Asik on offense, but Steimsma is a below average offensive player. He is an okay passer for a Center, but hes got very limited interior moves and almost no outside shot (most Wisconsin bigs can stretch the floor as they play swing which inverts the offense.) He has a much better free throw touch than Asik, but does not get to line.

What is odd is he didnt even start for Wisconsin, Brian Butch was the starter, even as a senior Steimsma only averaged about 11 minutes per game. Most Wisconsin fans believe he should have red-shirted as he was progressing and possibly could have been part of a really good Wisconsin team in 08-09.

He has trouble with fouls though, really likes to slap for a big man. He had 53 fouls in 403 minutes, aka 1 foul per 8 minutes. Not really great in college when you only get 5 fouls, basically he would have fouled out of almost every game if he played the minutes.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 01:53 PM)
What about Jujuan Johnson out of Purdue, is he considered a C?? The Rockets are said to be getting rid of both Moore and Johnson, how does a sign and trade with Asik for those 2 guys sound?

Not even close. He's basically a 4 in a 3's body.

However, Moore and Johnson are really good friends, and both are talented. Moore has looked really good in summer league, plus he's a great guy. I got the chance to interview him a few weeks back. Local guy from IN and huge Bulls fans growing up.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Jul 20, 2012 -> 09:45 PM)
Just thinking out loud here, could this all be a potential sign and trade for Asik? Maybe not for both the Purdue guys but just Moore would at least give us something back for Asik.

No. They can't trade Asik to the Rockets under any circumstances, and they can't trade him for a year without his consent.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 01:28 AM)
I like Moore and I wanted the bulls to draft him. Maybe could be a very poor mans Wade.

That's just bad Badger. Wade is a really good penetrator and a mediocre shooter while Moore is an effective jump-shooter and they make up most of his shots. Size and college stats aren't all that meaningful when comparing them when there's such a giant gap in athleticism and skill sets. Their offensive abilities don't really match up. He's more like a poor man's OJ Mayo.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

Watching our Summer League team vs the Clippers...

Jimmy Butler looks damn good, this guy is already a legit NBA bench player imo.

Teague just looks horrible

Malcolm Thomas, my god! He was throwing down thunder out there. What is he averaging like a double double in these games so far? Could be a nice bench player for us.

Havent seen Mayo that much, no one is saying Moore is anywhere on Wades level, just the way he plays offense, pick and roll, iso, trying to get to the hoop, remind me of Wade, same with his size. I can only compare to the players I know, I doubt at the NBA level hes going to be a great 3 point shooter, more going to have to get to the basket.

Stacey King ‏@Sky21King

Just saw the dunks by the kid Malcolm Thomas! OMG! That kid can play! #HOP where's my poster machine! #Nasty

Stacey King ‏@Sky21King

Jimmy Butler is playing with so much confidence this summer. I'm expecting a breakout season from him. Great kid, great work ethic!

lol, I love Stacey. He's like the Hawk of the NBA world

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 09:04 PM)
No. They can't trade Asik to the Rockets under any circumstances, and they can't trade him for a year without his consent.

When I posted that scenario there was no offer to Asik, but ya now they cant. Really hope they don't match. Asiks a great defender but not being able to hold onto the ball really annoys me. Being a terrible free throw shooter really bothers me as well, we heard "Asiks really been working on his free throw shooting lately" all year with no results. I really wouldn't miss him. I trust whoever the Bulls decide on at backup C will be the right choice. There are some good options out there.

Interesting. MT @PeterVecsey1: Nazr Mohammed agreed to sign w Bulls (vs. Nets) meaning they won't match Houston offer match sheet to Asik

PeterVecsey1

@dparks24 No. Not positive about offer sheet. Positive about Nazr to Bulls

View conversation

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 01:08 AM)
Interesting. MT @PeterVecsey1: Nazr Mohammed agreed to sign w Bulls (vs. Nets) meaning they won't match Houston offer match sheet to Asik

PeterVecsey1

@dparks24 No. Not positive about offer sheet. Positive about Nazr to Bulls

View conversation

I dig it. Nazr was stuck behind Ibaka and Aldridge last year. When you compare Omers stats to Nazrs 10-11 stats Nazr looks to be an upgrade on the offensive side and maybe even an upgrade on the boards.

In 10-11 Nazr who played in 4 less minutes than Asik averaged 3 more PPG, .2 more rebounds, shot a better FG%, and shot 25% better at the FT line.

With Rose gone the Bulls are gonna need every bit of offense they can get, so the clear upgrade offensively in Nazr is a win for me.

Yeah, I'm gonna disagree with you. I don't think Nazr is an upgrade over Asik.

But on the bright side, I think we've upgraded our bench every where else, especially if we sign Marco Bellineli as it is rumored that we will.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 11:22 AM)
Yeah, I'm gonna disagree with you. I don't think Nazr is an upgrade over Asik.

But on the bright side, I think we've upgraded our bench every where else, especially if we sign Marco Bellineli as it is rumored that we will.

I think offensively Nazr>Asik and defensively Asik>Nazr so lets just call it a push.

Nazr at vet minimum(I assume)>>> Asik at his contract.

ASik annoyed the hell out of me all year so I won't miss him.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 12:18 PM)
But was there any better defensive frontcourt duo in the league than Asik/Taj? I don't think so...I'll miss that.

Taj is one of the best help defenders in the league, as long as Nazr can stay "big" the Taj/Nazr combo will be just fine. I trust Thibs will get the best out of him defensively.

I felt like we overrated Omer. Omer is no freak athlete, he's a somewhat mobile 7 footer that was good at using up his 6 fouls. That is useful, but he's no God. A small downgrade defensively here doesn't make a big difference and Nazr is such a more complete player that you'd be much more comfortable having him play larger minutes in case of an injury to Noah.

He's a freak athlete in the sense that he's a great help side and rim defender. We'll see if our defense and rebounding suffers with him gone. I'm expecting that it will, and it will be noticeable. Hopefully our bench makes up for it by scoring more.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jul 22, 2012 -> 03:21 PM)
He's a freak athlete in the sense that he's a great help side and rim defender. We'll see if our defense and rebounding suffers with him gone. I'm expecting that it will, and it will be noticeable. Hopefully our bench makes up for it by scoring more.

He has freakishly terrible hands and looked like he regressed in his 2nd season.

Kinda sad that this is all Bulls fans have to debate this offseason...